Program Facilitator (Preferred Vendor)
Adventureworks! is hiring Program Facilitators to deliver adventure programs to school, youth, and community clients. Facilitators work at our Retreat and Learning Centre at Canterbury Hills in Ancaster, ON as well as at partner sites in the GTHA, and offer programming at schools. Most of our programs use High Ropes and Low Ropes courses to provide challenge and promote participant learning. Program Facilitators will work as members of the program team to meet client needs and make a lasting impact for participants.
- Facilitate team building, leadership, and community development programs for schools and youth organizations.
- Manage risk and provide effective leadership in a variety of outdoor and adventure activities such as low and high ropes, rock climbing, group initiative tasks, evening program, and outdoor living skills.
- Assist with hosting and housekeeping tasks as needed.
- Program Delivery 90%, Program Coordinating 5%, Hospitality 5%
- Deliver programs at a variety of locations in Ontario including Hamilton and Halton region schools, The Retreat and Learning Centre at Canterbury Hills (Ancaster), Norval Outdoor School (Georgetown), Rattlesnake Point Conservation Area (Milton), and others.
Experience / Qualifications
- University degree or college diploma in outdoor recreation or a related field considered an asset.
- Standard First Aid and CPR required.
- Level 1 CCP / ARCI (required), or Level 2 CCP / RCI (preferred)
- Current and clear Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector search (must be obtained prior to employment).
- Transportation to Ancaster location.
- Commitment to the mission and values of Adventureworks! Associates, Inc.
- Depth knowledge of facilitating outdoor experiences with groups and a deep “bag of tricks” of group activities.
- Sense of humour, playful spirit, compassion, creativity, and patience.
- Experience working with school aged youth in an outdoor setting.
Dates / Work Hours
- Fall contracts available for applicants with appropriate experience and qualifications
- Please be mindful that programs take place during the weekday, evenings, and on weekends. Some programs may require you to stay overnight on the site of the program.
Hours & Pay
- Seasonal position for fall season. Up to 40 hours per week available.
- Weekday, Weekend, Evening, & Overnight work may be required
- Compensation commensurate with experience and level of certification, range of $17.68 – 20.47 per hour.
- Training is available. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to participate in a Challenge Course Practitioner – Level 1 or 2 certification training.
Locations & Travel
- Facilitators must have reliable transportation to main office location in Ancaster, ON.
- Programs may take place at other locations throughout southern Ontario