Contract Dates: June 20th, 2022 – August 30th, 2022
Kandalore is looking for a creative, organized and enthusiastic individual to work on our Senior Staff team as the Programs Director. This is an exciting role that is perfect for a fun-loving motivated person.
Primary objective: To schedule and oversee the camp program. Contribute to increasing the development of program, and to provide additional supervision and support for programs.
- Camper safety is always your primary concern
- Plan the daily schedule by organizing the sign-up procedure/sign up the campers
- Schedule staff into each activity period taking into account: days off, trips, trip prep, spares, skills, certifications, etc.
- Ensure that each camper has an opportunity to do all activities during their stay
- Work with Assistant Director of Program to evaluate the Activity Heads every two weeks
- Meet with Activity heads frequently, establish proper lines of communication
- Work with Activity Heads and Regional Managers to keep current and up to date track of program supplies and orders throughout the summer. Research best products and communicate clearly with Activity Heads about when supplies can arrive, and how to be creative with the supplies Kandalore currently has.
- Be established as an active listener for Activity Heads/Regional Managers and staff.
- Communicate issues with Senior Staff
- Checking level binders weekly to ensure that levels are being recorded properly.
- Check ratios for days off and trip to ensure there is adequate staffing rations for activities (important for large days off)
- Help to plan special events for Activity Heads/Regional Manager Appreciation nights and RM/Support Staff Nights
- Ensure activities are staffed during activity time
- Work with Trip Director to build the program based on the proper camper numbers and ratios
- Attend senior staff meetings and staff meetings
- Obtain year end reports with inventory and equipment status from each activity head
- Ensure all activities heads are handing out awards to the campers
- Other duties assigned by Directors
- Minimum 2 years of experience as summer camp staff.
- Experience in a programming role is an asset.
- Bronze Cross certification or higher.