Location: YMCA Camp Elphinstone, 1760 YMCA Road, Gibsons, BC V0N 1V6
Rate of Pay: $129.53-$132.53/day
Position Status: Seasonal Contract, Full time
Term: June 17th – September 2nd, 2023
Reports To: Assistant Summer Camp Directors, Summer Camp Director
Nature & Scope
YMCA Camp Elphinstone is seeking individuals to fill the role of Program Director.
The Program Director is responsible for organizing and creating all program schedules for all summer camp sessions and overseeing all land programs. Specific duties include planning and executing creative programming and theme days/special events, providing support and supervision to the land-based program staff, ensuring all land program equipment is in good working order, and ensuring all land programs are safe, fun, intentional, and camper-focused. The Program Director must have extensive previous camp and scheduling experience.
The Program Director is a member of the senior staff team at camp. The senior staff team will work directly with the Summer Camp Director and Assistant Summer Camp Directors as a leadership team to build a positive camp culture and ensure the safety and overall wellbeing of all camp participants.
· Provide direct supervision to the program assistant and land program staff. Oversee all land programs (archery, photography, mountain biking, high ropes/low ropes, rock climbing, arts & crafts, camp craft).
· Assist with developing and delivering innovative training that supports professional development of staff & volunteers.
· In conjunction with the Assistant Director, create and organize weekly and bi-weekly program schedules for up to 400 participants.
· Oversee all creative programming & theme days and assume the lead role in delivering and facilitating these programs.
· Ensure the safety of all members, participants, staff, and property by following YMCA standards/policies/procedures and ensuring they are maintained amongst all participants and staff.
· Standard First Aid & CPR-C
· Class 4 Driver’s License
· Previous experience in camping, youth recreation, and/or experiential education
· Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening issued no later than six (6) months preceding start date
· 3 successful reference checks
Additional Qualifications (assets)
· Pleasure Craft Operators Card
· ACCT Level 2