Earthbound Country House
Earthbound Country House is looking for a full-time Program Director to supervise the daily activities, operations and programming for both our daycamp and overnight camp.
Earthbound is a working farm where kids and staff can enjoy picturesque surroundings and time with all of our farm animals. Our programs are nature based and very hands on.
Responsibilities include the management of the physical space setup, staff supervision and training, programming, liaison with suppliers, volunteers, and other camp professionals
This is a live-in position. Semi-private living accommodation and meals are provided.
- Oversees the Campbrain Registration system
- Converses with all campers and families and explains all policies and procedures and completes all required documentation including: family/child information
- Conducts tours of the farm and camp
- Supervises the program staff, conducts orientation and training for all staff, and volunteers; conducts monthly individual supervision, annual evaluations, disciplines when required; observes staff in operation
- Inspects camp at start of each day to ensure proper standards for safety, comfort, food service and cleanliness are adhered to or appoints another experienced staff member to inspect
- Participates in camp events and supports counsellors with programming on a daily basis
- Projects needs and maintains adequate supply of supplies & equipment; locates, purchases and delivers supplies
Requirements of the Position:
- Standard First Aid and CPR
- Prior camp experience or experience working with children and youth
- National Lifeguard (NL) or Wilderness Advanced First Aid (WAFA)