Camp Kirk empowers neurodiverse kids and youth to reach their potential through recreational programs. Within a small and nurturing community, our programs emphasize strengths so that participants can develop confidence, connection and community. Camp Kirk supports neurodiverse kids and youth, ages 6-17. The majority of our campers have learning disabilities, autism, and/or ADHD
The Program Director is a member of Camp Kirk’s summer Administration Team. Working collaboratively, the ‘Admin Team’ ensure the smooth operation of the camp, and the wellbeing of the campers and staff.
The Program Director directly oversees all areas of camp programming. Specific duties include:
- Act as the direct supervisor for a set of individuals in the General Staff role.
- Develop and coordinate All-Camp programming (i.e. special events, all camp games, campfires, etc.)
- Oversee camp programs- ensure activities are well-planned and prepared for, and are running safely and effectively. Provide guidance and support for staff who are facilitating programs.
- Create session-long schedules of programming, events, and assigned job duties
- Assist in the management of daily camp operations
CONTRACT DETAILS + COMPENSATION
The dates of employment run from June 1st – August 30th, 2023. The compensation for the Program Director is $8,800 + room and board
REQUIREMENTS + EXPECTATIONS
- 21+ years of age by June 2023
- 3+ years of experience working with children and/or youth
- Previous experience facilitating childrens programming is required
- All staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Once hired, applicants must be willing to secure the following before their start date:
- Standard First Aid + CPR(C), or equivalent or higher certification
- Criminal Record Check
Fill out a Staff Application through the Camp Kirk website at campkirk.com/staff-application/. You will be required to upload a copy of your resume as part of the application.