Program Coordinator (permanent role)
Tim Hortons Foundation Camps help youth from underserved communities achieve their full potential through multi-year, overnight camp experiences. Whether at camp or back home in their communities between visits—our youth work to build social, emotional, leadership and innovation skills and behaviours like volunteerism and motivation to learn so they become civically and academically engaged, and successfully transition to adulthood.
At Tims Camps, we are catalysts for good – helping our youth participants and teammates be the best they can be, developing personal and career growth. We empower young people with skills to open doors to their future. That is our North Star and, together, we help shape leaders that build stronger communities.
Reporting into the Program Manager, the Program Coordinator supports the planning, direction, implementation, and supervision of THFC programs. Through supervising seasonal staff teams, program coordinators are responsible for ensuring youth have a positive, high quality program experience for long term impact. This role will ensure a focus on high quality program facilitation and delivery for maximum impact. The Program Coordinator role applies their knowledge of youth development, outdoor education, program quality systems, and demonstrated excellence in coaching and facilitation to provide direction, coaching and support to their direct reports and the youth we serve.
This role will be based onsite at Tim Horton Onondaga Farms, in St. George, Ontario.
Permanent role with a January 2024 start date.
- Develop, deliver, review, and improve creative and innovative programming at camp location for high quality program experiences ensuring alignment with outcomes and program quality frameworks.
- Foster a culture of innovation and creativity through building outcome specific, engaging, creative, fun and interactive programs at site location.
- Facilitate programs based on THFC program curriculum, standards, and local operating procedures.
- Evaluate programs and the delivery of them via the TIMpact365 measurement strategy.
- Provide direction and guidance to participants such that celebrates their differences and plans for their success.
- Ensure participants are engaged and recognized for their contributions and achievements. Host groups as assigned.
- Provide support to campers, and staff in assisting with participant behaviour management issues.
- Contribute to digital and social media creation efforts to support youth engagement and preparedness.
- Support Program Manager with finalizing in-camp schedules, purchasing, inventory updates, completing assigned documentation.
- Complete progress reports and all necessary documentation in Salesforce. Ensure all THFC Salesforce practices are maintained.
- Support Program Manager with communication to parents, guardians and schools as directed.
- Contribute to the planning and delivery of camp events and work collaboratively with functional teams to ensure the needs of guests are met.
- For a variety of different user groups, display excellence in facilitation, group management and oversee the instruction of camp programming.
- As group host, ensure a consistent front-line hospitable presence. This may include hosting more than one group at one time, with varying needs.
- Participate in and support restaurant owner engagement initiatives including the planning and delivery of camp events.
- Ensure program areas, activity spaces and program equipment are ready and available for safe participant and guest use. This includes inventory, maintenance schedules, etc.
- Support the Camp Administrator with camper facing bookings (ie- trip, buses for program, etc) and travel program.
- Complete assigned administrative duties.
- Support cross functional tasks as required.
- Provide positive and constructive feedback as well as ongoing facilitation coaching and support to staff.
- Support the delivery of staff training and the recruitment process as assigned.
- Assist with the supervision and evaluation of staff. Assist in the completion and delivery of performance appraisals.
- Provide feedback on staff development and performance to the Program Manager.
- Be accountable for risk assessment and implementation of Foundation safety standards/protocols/procedures which includes teaching and monitoring safe and appropriate use of equipment.
- Report concerns or incidents in the area of camper and staff wellness (this includes physical, mental, and emotional health and safety), as well as equipment and facility maintenance/care to immediate supervisor or camp management.
- Assist in staff coverage at activity spaces and during evening and night watch in the summer program.
- Ensure staff and participants use proper protective equipment and follow standards.
- Complete site specific emergency response training and ensure clear understanding of assigned responsibilities.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Able to provide an acceptable criminal background check or vulnerable sector check.
- Are legally able to work in Canada.
- Able to live onsite for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work a 10/3 schedule during the summer program.
- Demonstrated excellence in program facilitation.
- Related youth development and/or camp experience.
- G-class driver’s license or equivalent (considered an asset).
- The following certifications are strongly preferred: Wilderness First Aid, National Lifeguard, ACCT Challenge Course certification, or willing to obtain.
To learn more about the impact of the experience you will take part in, watch this short video
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps (THFC) is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment, and seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.