Program Coordinator- Outdoor Education
OLYMPIA SPORTS CAMP
Position : Outdoor Education Program Coordinator
Location: 2400 Limberlost Road, Huntsville, Ontario, P1H 2J6
Employment: April 23- June 21
Reports to: Directors of Outdoor Education
Overview of Olympia
Olympia Sports Camp is a world-class, up-beat, dynamic and safe environment, where campers learn to participate and share in a community that focuses on positive energy and peer encouragement.
- Facilitating programming for clients (students, adults, etc.).
Safety and Organization:
- Ensuring the safety of all participants.
- Organizing and stocking program offices (Summer & Outdoor Ed), keeping inventory, and informing directors of supplies needed.
- Storing, stocking, and keeping inventory of sports locker and sporting equipment.
- Checking in with Outdoor Education Instructors and monitoring the quality of programs they provide.
On-Call and Staff Training:
- Performing weekly overnight on-calls.
- Assisting during initial staff training and coordinating with Directors and Area Heads.
Teacher Check-In and Liaison:
- Serving as a check-in point for teachers when directors are unavailable and acting as a liaison for special groups.
Staff Events and Appreciation:
- Planning staff events and staff appreciation activities.
- Overseeing the box.
- Performing general duties on-site.
- Standard First Aid with CPR-C training
- Clean Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
- Bronze Cross is an asset
- National Lifeguard (NL) is an asset
- Experience with ropes and challenge courses is an asset
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card is an asset
- Pervious experience working at Olympia’s OED Centre
- Strong Communication & Customer Service Skills
- Experience with children
- Ability to lead a team
- Ability to work long hours
If you are interested in the job, please apply to Our Team | Olympia Sports Camp