Program Coordinator, CNIB Lake Joe
CNIB Lake Joe
Program Coordinator (2 positions)
April 11 – August 27, 2022
$680+/week (incl. Room & Board)
CNIB Lake Joseph Centre (Mactier, ON)
CNIB Lake Joe is a fully accessible lakefront facility located in Muskoka providing a unique blend of recreation, skills training, social interaction and personal discovery in a safe, inclusive environment. Two hours north of Toronto, Lake Joe stretches over 12.5 acres of waterfront property on the northwest corner of beautiful Lake Joseph. Staff and volunteers provide a wide range of high-quality programs to people of all ages who are living with sight loss.
The Program Coordinator will work closely with the management team to maintain the highest level of guest and staff experience. This position provides assistance with the coordination, supervision and facilitation of guest programming, while responding to guest complaints and experience. The Program Coordinator will also be responsible for assisting in staff and volunteer training and feedback.
- Assist in the training, onboarding and support of all staff and volunteers
- Provide support in planning, scheduling and implementation of all programming
- Communicate and update staff, volunteers and guests of any changes to the program schedule
- Ensure all equipment and supplies are in good working condition and that there are adequate supplies for planned activities
- Connect with staff members on a weekly basis to ensure job satisfaction
- Take on rotational responsibilities of the Point Person – taking the lead role in emergency situations and being a resource for any concerns
- Coordinate and oversee staff and volunteer events
- Promote and encourage participation in programs through endorsement of activities to guests
- Attend programs to ensure superior job performance and guest satisfaction
- Complete staff performance reviews and weekly summaries
- Ensure staff motivators are delivered in variety and consistently
- Participate in the coordination of all dining room duties, including help with serving meals
- Work with management to build upon positive group dynamics
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication, leadership and problem-solving skills
- Mature and professional attitude
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Knowledge and experience in an Ontario Camps Association (OCA) accredited camp
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Current (within 6 months of start date) Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C
- NLS an asset
- Current Pleasure Craft Operator (PCO) card an asset
- Current G class driver’s license with current and clean driver’s abstract an asset
- Current F class license, or willingness to obtain, an asset
- Ability to work flexible hours and work outdoors for long periods of time
- Must reside at CNIB Lake Joe during operational season (Single Occupancy)
How to Apply: https://apply.workable.com/cnibfoundation/j/FF8EEBE947/
Closing Date for Applications:
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, until the position is filled.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion, ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please state in your cover letter what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.