Position: Summer Camp Program Coordinator
Summer camp is a life-affirming experience for many young people. Being a leader who helps make camp’s magic a reality is the most rewarding experience ever. If you have the leadership skills and the love for camp, this position is probably your dream job.
Lambton Centre runs an Outdoor Education program and a Summer Camp program from May to August. We are looking for enthusiastic, team-oriented, creative individuals who love the outdoors and working with children. This fantastic experience offers excellent leadership development opportunities and a place to build lifelong friends.
This is a full-time contract position from May through August. The incumbent will be responsible for implementing the themes for Summer Camp and providing leadership, guidance and support to staff. Areas of responsibility include daily staff mentoring, implementing themes for summer camp and supporting the team to ensure the successful delivery of programs throughout the spring and summer.
Due to the current pandemic, the responsibilities of this position may need to be flexible depending on public health requirements.
Overview of Key Position Responsibilities:
- To conceptualize, develop and implement the mission, purpose and goals of Lambton Centre’s summer camp program.
- To facilitate Outdoor Education activities for the spring bookings.
- To provide constructive, consistent and modelled leadership for summer camp staff. This will include a leadership role in Staff training and throughout the summer.
- To attend ALL camp activities punctually to set an example for other staff.
- To implement themes associated with each camp session; this includes coordinating theme meals, crafts, and adjusting games to represent the theme and developing activities that ensure the theme is strongly developed for participants.
- To be present and available to all camp staff and campers during the day
- Accommodations are available throughout the summer. But the candidate must live on sight when there are campers on sight.
- To carry out the policies and directives set forth by the Board of Directors and the OCA and UCC Camping Association.
- Has completed a minimum of 1 year of post-secondary education.
- Minimum two seasons of summer camp experience
- Requires a Vulnerable Records Screening
- First Aid / CPR CertificateTeamwork is essential
- Demonstrated communication skills as well as the ability to speak publically
- Reliable, punctual, dependable and accountable
- Appreciation and passion for Summer Camp
- Knowledge of the life and work of the United Church of Canada
- Must be able to live on sight during summer camp
Detailed Job description available upon request.
Application with attached Resumes must be submitted by February 20, 2022