Pearce Williams Summer Camp (PW) is looking for a qualified Program Coordinator to lead our summer camp program for the months of July and August and oversee our outdoor education program for May and June. The Program Coordinator will work with our Summer Camp Director & Director of Camps and is responsible for the coordination and delivery of amazing camp experiences through the activities campers and staff participate in.
As a member of our Leadership Team, the Program Coordinator will have demonstrable leadership skills, strong organizational skills, a love of summer camp, problem solving skills, the ability to work with children and other staff, as well as the ability to perform all the job duties in a Christ like manner.
Our summer program consists of seven week long sessions and pre-summer training events. PW campers range in age from 5 to 15. Staff are 16+. Those aged 18+ are eligible to apply.
The job description for all staff at Pearce Williams is to do what needs to be done to ensure that our summer campers have the most amazing summer camp experience.
Staff are required to have a Standard First Aid Certificate, a current criminal records check and relevant experience. Swimming qualifications (NLS) an asset, but not necessary.
Camp will ask you to commit to the following dates. All training is paid.
- A training day & site orientation on Saturday, May 6, 2023
- A training weekend – Friday, May 26 at 7pm to Sunday, May 28 at 5pm
- A training week – Sunday, July 9 at 7pm to Friday, July 14 at 5pm
- We then run 6 weeks of camp from July 16, 2022 to August 25, 2023. You would live on site while you work at camp – from Sunday afternoons to Friday afternoons. Note that you do not have to work all 6 weeks of camp – it depends on the number of campers who sign up and your own availability.
- Preference is given to people who can attend all training and work all 6 weeks of camp.
- Spring work is also available in May & June to help prepare the camp for summer
We currently have one (1) opening for this position.
Please visit our website to find out more information about Pearce Williams and to apply – www.campisbetter.com/join-staff
Compensation varies depending on experience. The position includes room & board during camp sessions.
Location: Pearce Williams Summer Camp & Retreat Facility, Iona, Ontario (30 minutes southwest of London).