Location: YMCA Camp Elphinstone, 1760 YMCA Road, Gibsons, BC V0N 1V6
Rate of Pay: $125.06-128.06/day
Position Status: Seasonal Contract, Full time
Term: June 24th – August 25th, 2023
Reports To: Program Director, Summer Camp Director
Nature & Scope
YMCA Camp Elphinstone is seeking individuals to fill the role of Program Assistant.
The Program Assistant provides support to the Program Director and helps in all areas of camp to ensure we are providing intentional, creative, safe, and fun programs at camp. This person will take a lead role in planning and leading creative programming, evening programs, camp-wide programs, special events, and theme days.
The Program Assistant will be expected to do a great deal of large-group facilitation and creative performances. This staff member will also assist the program staff with program facilitation and shared responsibilities.
The Program Assistant is a member of the program staff team at camp. The program staff team will responsible for instructing camp activities and supporting other staff in delivering programs. They will also have other daily responsibilities such as helping with supervision of campers, evening cabin support, facilitating early morning and evening programs, program logistics, and care/maintenance of camp program equipment.
· Assist the Program Director with all program schedules and logistics.
· Regularly organize creative programming, daily skits/performances, and weekly camp-wide theme days.
· Facilitate large-group activities such as evening programs. Facilitate other land programs as assigned by the Program Director.
· Work with the other members of the program staff team to accomplish shared responsibilities.
· Standard First Aid & CPR-C
· Bronze Cross
· At least 2 years of previous camp experience
· Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening issued no later than six (6) months preceding start date
· 3 successful reference checks
Additional Qualifications (assets)
· ACCT Level 1 or 2
· Lifesaving Instructor