Program Area Lead
Branksome Hall, a leading independent International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, offers remarkable Day Camps during the summer, on a picturesque urban campus in the heart of Toronto. We offer a wide selection of camp options, for children aged 4 to 12, streamlined into four main categories: Arts, Sports, STEM and Swim Camps. Campers and staff will enjoy utilizing our beautiful 13-acre campus and our state-of-the-art facilities. We help cultivate a team environment at Branksome Hall Day Camps where all staff feel valued for their contributions.
Branksome Hall Day Camps (BHDC) is proud to deliver high quality programs that provide an opportunity for fun, friendships and learning to over 2,000 campers each year.
We are seeking creative and dynamic Program Area Leads who will be responsible for the overall leadership of one of the following areas: Mini Camps (ages 4-5), Arts (ages 6-12), Sports (ages 6-12) or STEM (ages 6-12). A Program Area is comprised of 6 camps, each with a particular specialization. Program Area Leads will provide mentorship to the camp staff leading each group, including supervision and evaluation, as well as managing budgets and ordering supplies.
Successful candidates will use their specialized skills and experience in their program area to coach and inspire other staff on the successful delivery and implementation of lesson plans and programming throughout the week, aligned to camper skill level. Program Area Leads assume active leadership, working cooperatively and collaboratively to cover staff absences and role model effective teaching techniques, and use their strong interpersonal skills to maintain open
lines of communication with colleagues and families. Dedication, creativity, organization and enthusiasm are hallmarks of excellent Program Area Leads who with their expertise in their program area, will be positive role models to ensure a safe and fun camp experience for both campers and staff, as well as a high standard of programming.
Please click here for further details on the duties and responsibilities of Program Area Leads.
Branksome Hall Day Camps (BHDC) will run for 8 weeks, June 24 to August 16, 2024, on weekdays from 8:15 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Program Area Leads may be required to be available beyond their standard hours to participate in After Care when required or in the event of an emergency or other unexpected and time sensitive situation arises. Camps will not operate on July 1 or August 5 due to holidays. There may be opportunity for further hours of employment prior to training days to assist with camp and program preparations.
Mandatory Camp Staff Training days will take place on the following dates:
● Saturday, June 8, 2024, Saturday June 15, 2024 & Monday June 17, 2024
● Program Area Leads may be required to attend further training days, and/or lead sessions at all-staff training
Qualifications and Experience:
• Related training/education, and/or have sufficient experience in the Program Area
• Preferred candidates will have completed their undergraduate studies
• Candidates who are currently in or have completed their post-graduate studies would be considered an asset
• Camp experience or experience leading programs for children/youth
• Current Standard First Aid/CPR certification required before start of camp
• High Five Principles of Healthy Child Development certification is an asset
• Strong leadership skills developed through progressively responsible experience in a leadership role
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to take charge, problem solve and motivate others
• Ability to work with and lead a wide variety of ages and demographic groups
• Working in an outdoor environment in all weather conditions
• Participation in recreational swim and outdoor water activities
• Required to support After Care (4:30 to 6:00 p.m.) one day per week
• May require assisting campers who identify as same gender with changing clothes
• All successful candidates are required to complete an Enhanced Policy Information Check (EPIC)
• Physical ability to lead, and participate with, children of varying ages in a wide variety of challenging activities in
• Lifting and moving camp equipment and supplies from one location to another
• Walking and/or standing for long periods of time (3+ hours at a time, 7+ hours per day)
Compensation & Benefits:
• Hourly pay rate depends on skill area qualifications and experience
• Daily lunch, snacks and morning coffee/tea provided
• Use of campus fitness facilities
• An amazing summer with a supportive team, filled with fun opportunities of leadership development and growth
How to apply:
If you thrive working in a team environment and want to have an awesome summer working with
children, please apply to join our team! Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until all positions are filled.
Branksome Hall is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position. Branksome Hall is strongly committed to diversity, equity and inclusion within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with (dis)abilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas, and champion diversity in its broadest sense. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates engaging in all parts of the recruitment and selection process at Branksome Hall Day Camps.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about Branksome Hall and our Camps, please visit branksomecamps.ca