PROGRAM ADMIN ASSISTANT
PROGRAM ADMIN ASSISTANT
The Program Administrative Assistant (PAA) connects our camp team—mastering their own portfolio of responsibilities and assisting the rest of the program team with the administration and management of the summer camp programs. Camp is dynamic, and the PAA is always one step ahead in their preparation, not to mention agile to help when things change. From snapping and editing camp photos, to organizing hike to overseeing camper drop-offs and pick-ups, to crossing the admin t’s and dotting the i’s, the PAA keeps Summer Camp moving forward. Very strong organizational and interpersonal skills are a must, as well as a yearning for an endless summer!
• Represent Evans Lake and uphold our mandate and objectives.
• Provide excellent customer service.
• Assist with the camp registration process.
• Assist with parent communications, such as managing lost and found and tuck shop items, inputting activity and transport changes, responding to summer camp inquiries, and more.
• Coordinate the capturing, editing, and sharing of photos and social media posts.
• Coordinate daily transportation logistics, including overseeing the daily sign-in and sign-out of campers.
• Act as central liaison between the head office in Vancouver and our Centre at Evans Lake.
• General administrative support – such as creating session schedules for staff and campers, compiling out-trip lists, assisting with pre-trip planning, completing expense and incident reports, and tracking invoices.
• Demonstrate positive leadership/mentorship for students and campers aged 8-16 and for the entire staff team.
• Other duties as assigned (e.g. driving campers, staff, and/or supplies, cleaning program areas)
Term – Mid-June – end of August
Safety – Comply with Evans Lake’s policies and procedures and take ownership of the safety of clients and staff members.
Reporting & Evaluation
• The Program Admin Assistant reports to the Program Manager
• A goal-setting and evaluation process will be initiated by the Program Manager.
• Continuous feedback and communication among staff members is encouraged.
Required Certifications and Experience
• First Aid Certificate (at minimum, an 8-hour basic certificate that includes CPR).
• Preference may be given to candidates who have at least a Class 5 driver’s license.
• Additional certifications and licenses are considered to be assets, including a Class 4 driver’s license and certifications in paddling, rock climbing, and/or outdoor recreation and leadership.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Word/Excel, Adobe Lightroom, and Campbrain are preferred.
• Compensation begins at $142/day, with an increase of up to $6/day, according to experience and certifications. Free room and board are also provided when programs are in session.
• To apply: Fill out our online application form at http://bit.ly/2EwKBRB
• ELFES is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to uphold human rights, we value the inclusion of all members of our community, and we strive to create a safe and fun environment for everyone to explore forests
• We acknowledge that Evans Lake is located near Ch’iyakmesh on the unceded territory of Skwxwú7mesh Úxwumixw
* If follow-up with your application is required, for privacy & confidentiality reasons, we can only discuss an application with the applicant (i.e. no agents, representatives or family members).