When: June – August 2022
Where: 1147 River Lane Private, Kilworthy ON P0E 1G0
Contract: Salary 3900 + optional room and board (pay can be negotiated if room and board is not necessary)
We accommodate all special diet requests that staff members may have and ensure that food is available at all times of the day including when staff members are off shift.
Thank you for considering working for the Camp Winston Foundation and the children we serve. A summer season with us is an unforgettable and life-changing experience. We provide overnight summer camp experiences to youth aged 7 to 17 diagnosed with neurological disorders. In your time with us, you will learn about yourself, how to communicate, how to help those with lived-experience that is very different from your own, make friends that will last well into the great blue yonder, and you will have a meaningful impact as a coach and role-model for children who need you desperately. You will join a group of 70 staff as we embark on a bright and diverse adventure to help 140 children
WHAT’S THE JOB?
Spend a fun and rewarding summer in beautiful muskoka on sparrow lake.
Your work will include:
- Cook a variety of appetizing meals which includes: meats, soups, poultry, vegetables and other food items
- Assist the chef in preparing, and serving meals
- Use all kinds of cooking method to prepare top quality food including pan-frying, broiling, baking, boiling, grilling, sautéing, steaming and other methods
- Ensure consistency in food delivery including cooking, handling, storing and labeling products in accordance with Ontario Food Safety standards
- Perform other duties in final food presentation including plating and garnishing
- Operate all kinds of commercial and non-commercial kitchen equipment such as stoves, ovens, steamers, grills, broilers and other equipment
- Assist in inventory counts and grocery orders
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the dining and kitchen areas
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A rewarding summer opportunity
- Included room and board
- A competitive wage
- Participation in fun activities the camp has to offer on your off time i.e swimming,boating, bike riding ect.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Minimum 1 year experience in the hospitality / food service industry or completion or current enrollment in a hospitality course
- Good knife skills
- Able to follow direction
- Be a team player
- Be able to lift 70lbs
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet firm deadlines
- Must have strong communication skills in english
- Food handler’s certification considered an asset but not required
- Vulnerable Persons Sector Police Check
- Covid-19 Vaccination (double vax) with QR code shown.
The Camp Winston Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.
– All employees require 2 doses of an approved vaccine
– mask are to be worn in interior areas unless otherwise instructed by the health department
– Covid-19 safety stations are set up around camp with sanitizer, masks and gloves.