Cairn Family of Camps
The Prep Cooks work alongside the Head Cook and Food Services Manager to prepare meals and snacks for all Cairn programs. They perform regular cleaning, inspection and logging tasks to maintain proper health and safety standards. They ensure that camp offers a safe inclusive environment that encourages self-esteem, stewardship, and servanthood as part of the kitchen staff team.
- All-Staff Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate strong support and commitment to the mission and core values of the Cairn Family of Camps.
- Demonstrate strong support and commitment to serving the campers, staff, families, and all program participants of the Cairn Family of Camps.
- Practice and support the health and safety of all campers, staff, families, and all program participants of the Cairn Family of Camps.
- Complete a year-end report, including a season review, and offering suggestions for future camp seasons.
- Complete additional duties as required.
- Food Service Responsibilities:
- Prepare healthy, delicious meals and snacks that meet the needs of all staff and participants, including specialized menus for individuals with dietary needs, in conjunction with the Head Cook and Food Services Manager.
- Perform daily, weekly, and seasonal cleaning of the kitchen and all kitchen equipment.
- Ensure that all kitchen dishes are washed after each meal.
- Ensure that all regulations outlined by governing bodies (Simcoe-Muskoka District Health Unit, Ontario Government, Ontario Camps Association) are met or exceeded.
- Follow adequate standards of cleanliness and sanitation in food handling, food storage and food service.
- Work with the Food Services Manager, Head Cook, and Program Coordinators to incorporate food service into program themes and events.
- Work with the Food Services Manager, Head Cook, and Iona Program Coordinator in preparing food and supplies for out-trips.
JOB KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Interest in working with food and developing skills in food service.
- Personal skills: service-oriented, efficiency, hardworking, problem-solving ability, collaboration.
- Food Handler Certificate, or willingness to obtain
- Standard First Aid/CPR-C
- Clear Police Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Mandated training (including AODA, Workplace Violence & Harassment, Health & Safety Awareness, Child Protection, etc.) is required before or shortly after commencement of work
Due to the constantly evolving nature of policies, procedures, and recommendations surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, the Cairn Family of Camps recognizes that elements of the summer 2021 schedule and programs, and – consequently – job responsibilities may be required to adapt. Until staff are hired, any updates to this document will be available on the Cairn website at https://ilovecamp.org. Once staff are hired, communication will take place directly via phone or email.
Please submit your application, including any supplementary documents, at http://cairn.campbrainstaff.com. Should you have any questions, please contact Robynne Howard, Camp Director, at email@example.com.
The Cairn Family of Camps supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. The Cairn Family of Camps is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. Individuals needing employment accommodation in the hiring process or job postings in an alternative format may contact the camp office.