Location: YMCA Camp Elphinstone, 1760 YMCA Road, Gibsons, BC V0N 1V6
Rate of Pay: $125.06 – $128.06 /day
Position Status: Seasonal Contract, Full time
Term: June 25th to August 25th, 2022
Reports To: Program Director, Summer Camp Director
Nature & Scope
YMCA Camp Elphinstone is seeking individuals to fill the role of Photography Instructor.
The Photography Instructor is responsible for instructing camper-focused, experiential photography lessons in interest groups each afternoon, as well as acting as the Camp Photographer, taking daily professional photos and videos for use in YMCA social media, promotional materials, and for key stakeholders. This person is responsible for uploading photos to our camp photo system Smug Mug on a daily basis.
The Photography Instructor is a member of the program staff team at camp. The program staff team will responsible for instructing camp activities and supporting other staff in delivering programs. They will also have other daily responsibilities such as helping with supervision of campers, evening cabin support, facilitating early morning and evening programs, program logistics, and care/maintenance of camp program equipment.
· Facilitating experiential and camper-focused photography lessons with children ages 5-17.
· Act as the Camp Photographer when not instructing programs. This requires diligence to ensure as many campers as possible are being photographed in all areas of camp.
· Organize and upload photos to Camp Elphinstone’s online photo system for parents/guardians to access. Work with Summer Camp Director to choose photos for weekly social media posts.
· Work with the other members of the program staff team to accomplish shared responsibilities.
· Standard First Aid & CPR-C
· Bronze Cross
· Experience in photography and working with youth
· Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening issued no later than six (6) months preceding start date
· 3 successful reference checks
Additional Qualifications (assets)