Pathfinder Director (Leadership Program)
Contract Dates: June 20th, 2022 – August 30th, 2022
The Pathfinder Program is our first year leadership program for campers ages 15-17. It is a rich learning experience that integrates leaders into the in-camp program and a five-day canoe trip, focusing on developing hard and soft skills required for leaders of today! The Pathfinder Director facilitates this program.
All Pathfinders will also work on attaining:
Emergency First Aid and CPR-C
Bronze Medallion and/or Cross
ORCKA canoeing levels
Healthy Living & Outdoor Activities, Grade 11 (PAD30) OSSD Credit
40 hours of community service
- Oversee and support the overall health, safety and well-being of the Pathfinders.
- Support Directors and Senior staff with operation of camp
- Assign appropriate activities, swim classes, canoeing lessons and sections for each Pathfinder
- Professional communication with parents
- Support the planning and implementation of evening programs
- Instruction of core leadership principals
- Participate with Pathfinders at their activities and in their sections on a daily basis
- Provide ongoing evaluations and feedback
- Make it a priority to integrate the Pathfinder program into overall camp life as much as possible
- Facilitate the Healthy Active Living Credit Course (PAD30), including covering materials in the curriculum, providing rubrics, evaluations, and culminating projects and report cards
- Provide recommendations with regards to who should return to the LIT program is given to the Director at the end of the summer
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with youth
- Bronze Cross certification or higher.