Overnight Camp Counsellor
Camp Shalom, located in Gravenhurst, Ontario is looking for superstar staff to join our all star team!
Camp Shalom is one of the oldest Jewish overnight camps for 6-13 year olds in Canada! Priding itself on specialized activities, integrated informal Jewish programming, Kosher meals, and the best Zionist camping experience around, Camp Shalom celebrates doing what it does best – giving our campers the best summer experience of their lives.
Camp Shalom counsellors will have shared cabin responsibilities along with one or two co-staff, as well as the opportunity to show off their talents in one of our many chugim (specialty activities). We are currently looking for candidate interested in the following specialty areas:
- ARTS (A&C, painting, drawing, dance, drama, music, singing)
- ATHLETICS (fitness, yoga, basketball, soccer, football, tennis, baseball, gymnastics, martial arts)
- EXPLORATIONS (high ropes, gardening, radio, photography, video, hiking, nature, newspaper)
- WATERFRONT (lifeguards, swim instruction, sailing, canoeing, kayaking, waterski, boat driving)
- NEW SKILLS – Do you have experience/skills for an activity not listed above? We want to hear from you, too! Camp Shalom is always looking to offer innovative & engaging programs for our campers
To be eligible for a staff position, applicants must currently be in grade 12 or older. We are looking for staff who are kind, compassionate, campy and great with kids! Check us out at www.campshalom.ca for more information.
Our staff camp dates are:
Pre-Camp: June 23 – July 2 (staff training and bonding is done during these 2 weeks)
First Session: July 3 – July 30
First Session + Sneak Preview: July 3 – August 6
Second Session: July 31 – August 18
If you’re interested, please fill out the online application HERE or feel free to call us if you have any questions at 416-781-3571.