Outdoor Program Facilitator
About the Company
Adventureworks! Associates’ leading-edge adventure programs create positive growth and change in individuals, groups and organizations.
We provide unique and exciting learning environments that enable participants to develop a greater understanding of themselves, build healthier relationships, exercise more effective leadership and make a positive impact in their communities.
Adventureworks! Develops outstanding community members and global citizens. Adventure. Engagement. Reflection. These are our tools.
About the Position
Adventureworks! is hiring Program Facilitators to deliver adventure programs to school, youth, and community clients. Facilitators work at the Adventure Learning Centre at Canterbury Hills in Ancaster, ON as well as at partner sites in the GTHA. Many programs use High Ropes and Low Ropes courses to provide challenge and promote participant learning. Program Facilitators will work as members of the program team to meet client needs and make a lasting impact for participants.
1. Provide exceptional service by ensuring client needs are met by delivering high quality programs to a variety of groups.
2. Fill safety and/or coordination roles as necessary.
3. Take responsibility for the implementation of the Quality Assurance Program, Risk Management Program, and Occupational Health and Safety Program during programs and trainings.
4. Facilitate team building, leadership, and community development programs for schools and various organizations.
5. Manage risk and provide effective leadership in a variety of outdoor and adventure activities such as low and high ropes, rock climbing, group initiative tasks, evening program, and outdoor living skills.
6. Provide timely and accurate reporting on programming and adverse events.
7. Responsible for safe keeping of program materials and equipment.
8. Deliver programs at a variety of locations in Ontario including Hamilton and Halton region.
1. Assist with housekeeping and hospitality or hosting tasks as required.
2. Assist with Organization wide initiatives as necessary.
Certifications and Qualifications
• Commitment to the mission, vision and values of Adventureworks!
• Previous experience in outdoor education or experiential education required. Experience facilitating low or high ropes preferred.
• Level 1 or Level 2 Ropes Course Certification Required (or ability to obtain)
• Current Standard First Aid and CPR required.
• Current and clear Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
• Successful candidate must be able to get to and from main office and
partner site locations as needed.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
• The ability to communicate effectively with staff and clients.
• A professional and positive attitude.
• The ability to work effectively with others.
• A broad knowledge of activities and reflection techniques.
• Documented program delivery experience and a current challenge course portfolio.
• The ability to effectively manage multi-day events, workshops, etc.
• These positions will be part-time on a casual or seasonal basis. Seasonal hires may work full time hours in peak weeks.
• These positions will be for the fall season which starts on or around September 6, 2021 and ends October 29, 2021. Successful candidates may stay on the casual list after their seasonal contract to work on-call throughout the later fall and winter if available.
• This position is based in Ancaster Ontario. Candidates must have their own transportation.
• The starting rate for this position is $16.84 per hour and the classification is Program Staff.
• The direct report for this position is the Vice President – Programs.
Please apply at the following link:
Or Send a Resume and Cover letter to:
Manager, HR and Administration
Adventureworks! is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please send requests to the above-mentioned contact for consideration.