Outdoor & Nature Education Specialist
If you love the outdoors, land-based education, designing and implementing curriculum and want to part of an amazing outdoor outreach community, this role may be for you! Lambton Centre is hiring an Outdoor & Nature Education Specialist for a 6 month contract (May 1-Oct. 31).
Lambton Centre is looking for a knowledgeable, enthusiastic and creative adventurer to be our Outdoor & Nature Education Specialist. Key responsibilities include:
- Plan, co-ordinate and facilitate outdoor & nature education programs for school groups, community groups and summer camp programs.
- Develop resources and plans for land-based learning programs.
- Develop an in-school nature program that can be taken into classrooms.
- Work as part of the leadership team to engage community members in nature-based education.
The Outdoor & Nature Education Specialist should have:
- Post-secondary education in a related field (education, outdoor recreation, environmental sustainability, etc.)
- A minimum of 2-3 years of management/supervisory experience is an asset.
- A minimum of 3 years of outdoor education experience in some capacity (camps, retreats, recreation programs, etc.)
- A clear police check with vulnerable person screening.
- Current Standard First Aid certificate with CPR C or greater.
- Qualifications/Certifications in ropes courses, canoeing (ORCKA), or similar outdoor trainings are an asset.
- Must live on-site from May 1-September 2.
- Appreciation and passion for outdoor education, land-based education, sustainability, Indigenous teachings and working with children.
- Able to write lesson/activity plans, develop resources, and effectively carry them out
- Work as part of the Lambton Centre team with enthusiasm, encouragement and future focus
- Must be prepared to model the kind of enthusiasm and motivation that will encourage other staff to be safe while creating a fun and meaningful outdoor experiences
- Ability to work within a set budget and report financial information
- Demonstrate effective organizational skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and relationship-building skills and a strong ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with groups, staff and volunteers of various ages and backgrounds
- Excellent work ethic including being: reliable, punctual, dependable and accountable
Please send all questions and applications to Laura Swan, Executive Director, Lambton Centre: firstname.lastname@example.org