|Salary Rate: $16.40 – Check out the YMCA’s total compensation package!|
|Location: Cedar Glen||Work Hours: 20-40 hours/week|
|Employment Type: Contract Hourly||Number of Vacancies: 10-20|
|Anticipated Start Date: March 20, 2023||Deadline to Apply: March 1, 2023|
Be the Spark! Join our dynamic Camping and Outdoor Education Team, where every day is different, and you will always be engaged with meaningful work!
Our team of professional outdoor educators love to have fun in the outdoors and get to facilitate programs for our guests on a daily basis. With up to 25,000 guests in a normal year, Outdoor Educators have many opportunities to fine-tune their skills in a wide variety of programs and seasons. At Cedar Glen, the Outdoor Education team works together to provide the best possible experience for groups visiting Cedar Glen – we recognize that all individuals have different levels of experience and comfort in the outdoors, and we strive to deliver the best program possible for each one of our guests. We encourage you to learn more about our center by visiting our webpage: https://cedarglen.ymcagta.org/
In this role, you will:
- Provide direct program delivery to participants of all ages, including elementary and secondary school groups, colleges and universities, retreats, youth groups, sports teams, conferences and other youth and adult groups. Outdoor programs include activities such as low and high ropes courses, archery, orienteering, fire building, shelter building, initiatives and more. We area also proud to offer Specialist High Skill Major certifications!
- Monitor the safety of all activities and programs throughout the duty period and responds immediately to rectify any safety concerns.
- Act as host and facilitator for individuals and groups, ensuring overall satisfaction with facilities, programs and staff.
- Assist with general maintenance and cleanliness of site.
- Continuously builds relationships with members, staff, volunteers and community partners.
- Represents the YMCA and the Association in a professional manner.
- Understand the legal responsibilities and moral imperative to report suspected child abuse to Child Protection Services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, staff and volunteers
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and building a sense of belonging
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR “C” required National Lifeguard Service award is an asset
- Flexibility regarding assigned working hours, including days, evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays required
What you need to succeed:
- Commitment to the YMCA’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Focus on the health, safety and wellbeing of all children, youth, and vulnerable people in YMCA programs including understanding legal and moral obligations related to reporting suspected child abuse to Child Protection Services
- YMCA Competencies: Accountable, Relationship-Builder, Improvement-Orientated, Team Player & Leader, Equity and Wellbeing Promoter
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.