Outdoor Education Intern
Camp Kawartha is seeking an Outdoor Education Intern:
Are you passionate about outdoor education and environmental stewardship? Are you interested in building your teaching skills in nature and outdoor education? Would you like to work for an award winning outdoor and environment centre? Are you available to work from early September until December 2023 with the possibility of extending the contract? With over 60 curriculum linked programs on offer and plans to become a nationally recognized environmental leadership centre, Camp Kawartha is seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic educator to join our talented team. We need educators who are creative, dedicated and are keen to learn. This is a great first step towards becoming a professional outdoor educator.
If you answered yes… then this could be just what you are looking for! Below, you’ll find a job description. Please email a covering letter and resume to Jacob Rodenburg Executive Director to: jacob@campkawartha by August 24th, 2023
- University Degree or College Diploma. Teaching degree an asset
- Level Two ACCT Challenge Course Practitioner certification an asset
- Interest and enthusiasm for the natural world and the environment. Some background in nature and environmental education, outdoor recreation.
- Current National Lifeguard (NLS) an asset
- Standard First Aid/CPR
- Police check and vulnerable sector check.
- Capable of bringing a special skill (music, drama, outdoor adventure, natural history)
- Passion and drive to learn how to teach in an engaging and professional manner
- Inspired to learn more about environmental education and sustainability
- Able to commit to a minimum of a 3 month contract – possible extension
Purpose of the Position
- Assists in the delivery of high quality, curriculum linked outdoor day and evening programming to visiting schools.
- Ensures all applicable safety standards are met.
- Assists in the development of curricula, instructional aids, and appropriate teaching strategies.
- Acts as the overnight emergency contact staff person. Onsite accommodation provided.
40 hrs per week at a weekly salary $720 with the opportunity to earn more by working weekends or evenings. Accommodation will be provided at no cost.
Please email a resume and covering letter identifying the position you are applying for to:
Deadline for Applications: August 24th, 2023
Thank you for your interest in Camp Kawartha.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Camp Kawartha is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. The Camp will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Camp Kawartha is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the diversity of our camp community including differences in race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity. We welcome candidates representing such diversity.