Outdoor Education Instructor
Outdoor Education Instructor – (Summer Position)
Swallowdale Camp of Canadian International Student Services (CISS) is currently looking for enthusiastic and hard-working individual to fill the position of Outdoor Education Instructor. Candidates should be energetic, organized, creative, and team oriented and have experience leading educational programming related to the outdoors.
Swallowdale Camp Rosseau, ON www.swallowdalecamp.com
- Organize the wilderness education programme
- Supervise campers and provide a welcome and caring environment
- Direct other staff members in implementation of programming
- Organize and implement camp games and activities
- Assist with the supervision of off-campus excursions
- Become familiar with aspects of the programme including: wilderness living and outdoor survival, animal and insect exploration, map orienteering, knowledge of Native Canadian history, current societal concerns
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Experience working in a camp setting and/or with children/youth
- First Aid and CPR qualifications are an asset
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Must enjoy working with children and youth
- Police Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening required
The contract would extend from the end of June to early August.
Accommodation and meals are included for all residential programmes.
Interested applicants please forward cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please – all applications will be forwarded to our directors for further review.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED