Outdoor Education Facilitator
C.Y.O. Camp Brébeuf is a Catholic not-for-profit outdoor education center located in Rockwood, Ontario. We provide quality year-round Outdoor Education programming to groups from Catholic and Public school boards as well as private groups.
We are looking for enthusiastic people to fill the open positions on our outdoor team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for working with youth, teaching experience with small and large groups, as well as the ability to work in a busy outdoor camp environment in all weather conditions.
Title: Outdoor Education (OE) Facilitator
Placement Dates: January 3rd – April 22, 2022 *opportunities to extend contract into Spring & Summer 2022 seasons.
Reports directly to: Outdoor Education Coordinator
The primary role of an OE Facilitator is to provide programming for school groups and other user groups that attend camp Monday to Friday, during the school year.
Further responsibilities of the OE Facilitator include:
- To teach effectively and inclusively the camp activities of the season.
- To watch for safety concerns at all times and meet camper and teacher needs.
- To notify the Outdoor Education Director of any concerns or difficulties with the clientele, staff, job responsibilities or standards.
- Directly supervise and lead all assigned aspects of the camper’s day or evening programs, including overnight supervision.
- Prepare prayers, reflections, games and other programs prior to starting work each day.
- Set an appropriate example for clients including: cleanliness, punctuality, dress, language, inclusiveness and attitude.
- Maintain a positive and professional, team-oriented work environment with all fellow staff.
- Encourage students to respect each other, the environment, camp equipment and facilities.
- Lead campers in daily prayers and graces.
- Assist with cleaning of cabins, washrooms and occasional maintenance tasks and other duties as assigned.
- Provide first aid and assistance in emergency situations as directed and within training.
- Adhere to all staff/camp policies and inform Director of any instances where policy has not been followed.
Along with the above responsibilities all staff will actively participate and follow all health and safety procedures as outlined by the camp and the Catholic Youth Organization.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High-energy person with the desire and ability to work in an educational, outdoor setting with active children.
- Previous experience with children of related age groups.
- Ability to accept supervision and guidance.
- Ability to make own decisions when necessary and carry out changes or trouble shoot as required.
- Ability to teach camp activities independently.
- Adaptable, enthusiastic, safety conscious, mature and responsible.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR certification and a clear Criminal Reference Check
NLS, Challenge Course Practitioner (level 1 or 2), ORCKA, HIGH FIVE or Mental Health First Aid would be considered an asset.
Staff will be assigned to work either a day or night shift each week.
Staff accommodations are provided for each staff during their contract. Accommodations include single and double rooms, shared living room, fridge and food prep area. There is also Wi-Fi access and laundry facilities available. Meals for staff are provided from the kitchen during the week.
We invite all qualified applicants to submit their resume and cover letter attention to:
Katie.email@example.com Camp Director C.Y.O. Camp Brébeuf
C.Y.O. Camp Brébeuf is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Please contact our camp office for assistance if required.
Job Type / Category
Monday to Friday day or overnight shift as needed. Some weekend work available if desired.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
Experience leading groups of young people, teaching, camp experience.
Camp Brebeuf is a not-for-profit organization run by the CYO.
Job Type: Contract