Outdoor Education Facilitator
Location: YMCA Camp Elphinstone, 1760 YMCA Road, Gibsons, BC V0N 1V6
Rate of Pay: Starting at $125.06 per day
Position Status: Seasonal Contract, Full time
Spring Term: April 10 – June 23, 2023
Fall Term: September 3 to October 27th /November 5th, 2023
Reports To: Outdoor Education Coordinator / Outdoor Education & Events Director
Applicants interested in summer and/or fall term positions preferred
Nature & Scope
Outdoor Education Facilitators will deliver program instruction, interact directly with children, and provide positive customer service to school and retreats. With the support of the Outdoor Education Coordinators, Facilitators will deliver experiential, participant-focused programming with students from elementary and high schools, as well as adult retreat groups.
Reporting to the Outdoor Education Coordinators, Facilitators will be trained in all program areas at camp and will executive programming following all risk management, policies and procedures, and within the scope of their training. Facilitators will provide support in kitchen duties, facility maintenance, and upkeep as required.
· Provide the required skills and expertise learned in training to facilitate safe and effective programming.
· Interact directly with children and encourage interaction between children.
· Provide positive customer service to all guests and clients from schools, private rentals and retreats, and weddings.
· Assist with general maintenance, cleaning, and site support duties as required for daily operation.
· Ensure all participants and staff follow camp rules, respecting each other and the facility.
· Standard First Aid & CPR-C
· NLS or willing to obtain
· Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening issued no later than six (6) months preceding start date
· 3 Successful Reference Checks
Additional Qualifications (assets)
· ACCT Level 1 or 2
· Pleasure Craft Operator Card
· Preference given to those who have studied in a child development or outdoor recreation related field