Outdoor Centre Director
RKY Camp Outdoor Centre Director
Employment Category: Full Time
Hours: Flexible work schedule requiring evenings, weekends, and early mornings
Compensation: $48,000 (Incl. Group Benefits)
Placement Date: January, 2024
Work Location: RKY Camp– YMCA of Eastern Ontario Wright Crescent facility, RKY Camp – Parham
Who we are:
RKY Camp is a charitable organization founded by the Rotary Club, Kiwanis Club, and the YMCA of Eastern Ontario. RKY has a partnership with the YMCA of Eastern Ontario and is an active member of the YMCA Ontario Camping and Outdoor Centre Workgroup.
We strive to provide value-based summer camping and outdoor education programs to participants from all backgrounds; encouraging them to challenge themselves, practice teamwork,
and grow in mind, body and spirit.
Our Core Values:
Caring about the health and wellness of our community
Honesty to the community we serve about our values, mission and vision
Respect all members of the community regardless of age, race, gender, religion, ability or economic circumstance
Responsibility to provide effective leadership and resources to benefit our community
The successful candidate will be responsible for…
- Providing positive and engaging leadership to RKY as part of the Director Team
- Recruits, trains and supervises RKY Camp outdoor centre staff
- Assisting in the support, training and evaluation of RKY Camp seasonal staff team.
- Develop, deliver, train and evaluate the RKY camp outdoor centre programs.
- Engages with stakeholders to increase RKY profile in the community and develop leads for Outdoor Centre bookings.
- Ensure proper record keeping, billing and professional communication with RKY Camp Outdoor Centre clients.
- Provide administrative support to the RKY Summer Camp.
- Summer hiring and interviewing
- Office Administration
- Submits payroll, employment forms and other relevant paperwork in a timely fashion
- Maintain compliance and accountability to both facility, ministerial and camping best practices.
- Other duties as determined by the RKY Camp Executive Director
It is mandatory that the successful applicant resides on site for the months of May-October.
In the summer months, the Outdoor Centre Director is expected to work in our
Camp office (on site in Parham) regularly and act as designate for our Summer Camp season as required.
Year-round accommodation on site is provided with this position.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma (or equivalent experience)
- Supervisory experience in overnight camping and outdoor centre settings
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- NLS preferred
- Wilderness first aid training (Asset)
- Challenge Course Level 2 facilitation certification (Required within 6 months of start date)
- WHMIS training
- “Clear” Criminal Reference Check (CPIC) including Vulnerable Sector Check completed not more than 120 days prior to interview
- Problem Solving
- Interpersonal skills
- Stress of Multiple Demands
Please apply, in writing, with a résumé and cover letter by December 15th, 2023 to:
Executive Director– RKY Camp
100 Wright Crescent
Kingston, Ontario K7L 4T9
We appreciate your interest in a career opportunity with RKY Camp. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The RKY Camp is committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation. The RKY Camp values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association
This position has been posted internally and externally.