|Reports to:||Summer Camp Director|
|Pay Rate:||$570 per week|
|Placement Date:||June 13 – September 1, 2023 (spring and fall Outdoor Centre contracts available)|
The Out-Tripping Director is responsible for the planning and preparation of out-trips that occur each session.
- Coordinating and designing the skill development for the Out Trip Program.
- Schedule all of RKY Camp’s Out-Trips and supervise the RKY Camp Rovers placed in the Out-Trip Area
- Provides significant leadership regarding scheduling, gear management and program quality control.
- Designs age appropriate route for all RKY Camp out-trips.
- Maintaining a tidy and stocked Out-Tripping Area.
- Coordinating with the Section Heads and Program Director the session trip schedule.
- Gear maintenance and repair.
- Menu planning and food ordering
- Contributing to the evaluations and coaching of the counselling team.
- Providing significant leadership to RKY Camp Summer Staff and Non-Counselling Staff Training.
- Exude a timely, professional and quality appearance to all RKY Camp clients.
Committed to Vision and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values of RKY Camp.
Child and Youth Focused: Creates a caring, loving and supportive environment. Ensures program design and physical lay-out meets the needs of children and youth.
Problem Solving: Identifies an issue and works towards solutions.
Initiative and Teamwork: The ability to be proactive within the organizational priorities and strategies. Participates proactively in the development of team goals, plans and outcomes.
Leadership: Guides, motivates and inspires self and others to take action to achieve desired outcomes. Is a personal role model.
- Previous overnight summer camp experience and experience in an out-tripping environment.
- Current certification in Wilderness First Aid
- National Lifeguard Service Certification
- G class Driver’s License and a clear driving record (Insurable under RKY Camp’s automobile policy)
- A clear vulnerable sector Criminal Reference Check, including Vulnerable Persons
- Additional qualifications (At least one of):
- Wilderness First Responder
- F Class Driver’s License
- ORCKA Flat Water or Moving Water Certifications
- Advanced Aquatic Leadership Certifications
- Food Handlers Certification
To apply, please follow this link: https://rkycamp.campbrainstaff.com/