YMCA-YWCA Camp Stephens
Operations Coordinator, Full Time
Camp Stephens, Lake of the Woods, Kenora, Ontario (Live on Site)
May 31-September 5, 2021
Please note that the date for resuming Camp Stephens operations remains unknown at this time.
Public health restrictions and/or operational requirements may prevent our re-opening in 2021.
Do you love working with children? Want to help provide a high-quality camp experience for every child? Excited about spending your Spring and Summer on an island in beautiful Lake of the Woods? Camp Stephens provides a unique opportunity for everyone. As the Operations Coordinator, you will ensure that all facilities, grounds and equipment are well-maintained and in good repair for all attending our very busy camp.
Are you the right fit?
- Provide leadership, training and supervision to all employees and volunteers
- Ensure camping industry and Y safety standards and policies are implemented and practiced by all staff and campers
- Ensure work area safety standards are followed
- Ensure the water system is operated in accordance to Ontario Regulation 170/03
- Perform regular inspection and maintenance of all equipment
- Manage fire safety plan
- Perform budget management, report writing and various administrative duties
What else do you need?
- Minimum Class 5F License or equivalent and drivers abstract
- Standard First Aid
- Bronze Cross
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card (PCOC)
- Prior experience in maintenance
- National Lifeguard (NL)
- Operation of Small Drinking Water Systems Course
- OCA Camp Marine Module Training Course
Submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
position open until filled
The YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg is committed to providing a safe environment for children and vulnerable individuals. All applicants will be thoroughly screened through a review process including Police Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Checks. We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.