Office Manager (w Pension & Benefits)
OFFICE MANAGER – w Pension & Health Benefits
Camp Kwasind · Muskoka, Ontario (Note: living year-round In Muskoka in not requires only during the summer)
Status: Permanent Full-Time with competitive Salary including Pension & Benefits
Reports to: Executive Director, Camp Kwasind / Director of Next Gen Ministries
Revision date: October 2023
Camp Kwasind, founded in 1944, is a growing, thriving and encouraging camp community that is reaching 1200+ camper to move one step closer to Jesus while thriving in their leadership and personal development.
Camp Kwasind is looking for an organized, enthusiastic and responsible Office Manager to join our Senior Leadership Team with a passion to use their gifts to create the environment that will see young people move closer to Jesus as they grow in their faith.
The Camp Kwasind Office Manager is a core part of the senior leadership team which is focused on the successful administrative and financial management of Camp Kwasind, a high level of customer service and providing a keen understanding and engagement in the holistic development of the camp. This role will provide oversight to administrative and financial management, registration and bookings, parent and guest care, record keeping and communication/database systems. They will also provide administrative assistance to the Executive Director & Director of Operations. Through all this, the Office Manager will embrace the mission and vision of Camp Kwasind as it seeks to move people one step closer to Jesus.
The expectation is that the Office Manager will work 6 days per week from mid-June to early Sept, which are the high season camp months. If the Office manager does not live locally to Camp Kwasind (Muskoka area), they will be able to reside on the camp property during this time The balance of the year will be a regular 5-day work week with flexibility to work from home or at the CBOQ Office in Toronto. During this time there may be the need for a flexible work schedule (Sept. to May) as a result of different needs of the camp, including availability for Kwasind Work Weekends, retreat groups and other functions. Time off will be allowed during the Sept. to May period to compensate for extra time worked.
- Planning and Organizing – Manages multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities. Anticipates obstacles and demonstrates judgment and flexibility to adjust as required.
- Results Orientation – Demonstrates a focus on finishing all tasks in a timely manner while taking complete ownership of tasks with attention to detail and timely responsiveness.
- Adaptability – Adapts and responds to changing conditions, priorities, technologies and requirements. Can collaborate in a variety of situations and with diverse individuals.
- Service Orientation – Strives for excellence, delivering the highest quality care and resources possible to those we serve.
- Communication – Expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity; adapts communication to respond to audience or situational requirements.
- Innovative & “Can Do” Attitude – Able to think creatively to develop new solutions that meet current and future needs through a positive, assertive and flexible outlook that strives to take on challenges with a sense that “I can do it”.
- Problem Solving – Possesses the ability to break a situation/task down into smaller pieces to identify key issues, figuring out cause and effect relationships in order to solve. Initiative and ability to anticipate needs and provide solutions/options, particularly when confronted with ambiguity and a high degree of change.
Overview of Key Year-Round Responsibilities:
- Exhibit a spirit of cooperation, flexibility and commitment to the camp leadership team relationship and the mission and vision of Camp Kwasind and Canadian Baptists of Ontario & Quebec
- In coordination with the Treasurer, oversee and manage day to day banking: preparation and deposit of all cheques / cash received, breakdown of all bank deposits and process bills and expenses
- Manage and facilitate all elements of camp registrations including: preparation of new registrations and medical forms, processing of registrations, and ensuring the integrity of the database (CampBrain) is maintained
- Manage and develop camp systems (registration and staff applications) that provide an increasing positive experience for campers, staff, parents and guests.
- Responsible for assisting in timely development, proofing and delivery of on-going key communication to parents, alumni, rental groups and the public.
- Assisting year-round staff with website updates, promotions, staff recruitment and social media management.
- Collate and prepare online expense statements and personal reimbursement summaries for full-time Kwasind staff.
- Provide updated reports from systems to the Treasurer and adherence to the budget with the Executive Director.
- Ensure the Administrator’s manual and databases are kept up to date.
- Support the Director of Operations in the administrative and financial tracking for rental groups.
- Arrange for summer preparation elements: tuck shop, seasonal requirements, clothing orders, staff clothing, staff communication and promotion/marketing of camp.
- Creatively present new ways we can be more effective in customer service, administration, summer programming and systems related to all camp experiences both during the summer and throughout the year.
Unique responsibilities for Summer Camp Season:
- Answer and appropriately respond to incoming calls, voice mail and general email in a timely manner.
- Pick up and distribute incoming mail.
- Welcome guests, parents and campers with a professional, friendly and courteous manner.
- Maintain office supplies: monitor inventory, anticipate requirements, place orders and process invoices.
- Oversee office equipment and communication/information systems: inventory, maintenance, troubleshooting, staff training and managing vendor contracts.
- Manage administrative needs for camper weeks, specialty and teen camps, epic family getaway (medical info, dietary restrictions, registration, tuck etc.).
- Oversee and be responsible for day-to-day financial requirements including invoicing, petty cash and expense reports.
- Oversee the Tuck Shop manager and implementation of tuck financial and inventory management.
- Manage administrative needs around summer staff requirements and supports including the entering all staff information into Camp Brain database, obtain and file relevant staff documents, oversee design and ordering of staff shirts, manage weekly preparation for incoming/outgoing camps.
- Willing to attend training courses and workshops as needed to update skills.
- Other duties or special projects as requested by the Executive Director
To be part of the wider Camp Kwasind team and proactively look to help other thrive in their roles, be intentional in clear and regular communication to necessary team members and ultimately passionate about the organizations missions, vision and goals
- A mature faith in Jesus Christ and a commitment to serve through camp ministry.
- Commitment to the mission, faith and core values of CBOQ and Camp Kwasind.
- Passionate about the impact and importance of Christian overnight summer camp.
- Able to act independently while also being a valuable team player.
- Have strong communication, administrative and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures. This includes experience with accounts receivable, invoicing, collections, and recording. Must be able to accurately account for monies collected using established accounting procedures.
- Previous experience with CampBrain, Constant Contact and Donor Perfect is a strong asset.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office 365, including e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software and use of the Internet to access data, maintain records, generate reports, and communicate with others.
- Stamina, energy and enthusiasm to sustain a fast-paced ministry schedule and to juggle the multiple events, schedules and budgets of camp.
- 3-5+ years experience in a similar role.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Valid and current vulnerable records check.
Why Camp Kwasind is a place to work!
- Doing Something Meaningful – The impact of camp ministry is one that results in transformative experiences for young kids, youth and young leaders as they grow in faith, character, confidence and leadership. The elements of this job are far greater than just tasks to be completed, but it all about ensuring what we collectively do results in significant and lasting impact in the lives of the next generation, their families, our guests and future leaders.
- Great Compensation- We seek to provide a highly competitive salary within the camping industry, with a highly valued pension and health benefits package along with both paid vacation and personal health days.
- Both Unique Flexibility & Maximum Impact Time – Throughout the September to May months, we allow for great flexibility in when you fulfill your full-time working hours as well as allowing year-round staff team to work remotely while also ensuring that mid-June to end of August is our maximum impact moments in which we all step it up to be part of seeing meaningful-life change in kids, youth & young leaders.
- Positive growth and development culture – As a camp that has been around for 80 years we have both a rich history to build upon while also constantly able to adapt to times with the support of a growing year-round ministry team and supportive alumni. The culture surrounding Kwasind has resulted in seeing rapid growth, new opportunities, and space for creativity and innovation to flourish as we invest into the lives of campers and guests moving one-step closer to Jesus.
DO YOU REALIZE THIS OPPORTUNITY IS FOR YOU…GREAT!
Compensation:Camp Kwasind offers competitive compensation, and great value in pension and benefits.
Qualified candidates may apply by Nov 15, 2023 through the link : https://tinyurl.com/bdzfjv75
Early submission is encouraged, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
All responses will be handled in confidence.