Office Manager & Guest Services Agent
Pearce Williams is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Office Manager. The Office Manager position is based on-site at Pearce Williams Christian Centre in Fingal, Ontario. The position consists of 25 hours a week (unpaid lunch) – most of the time is Monday to Friday from 9am to 3pm – with some hours being movable to deal with weekend coverage and other camp needs.
- Personal transportation to the site is required.
- Pension and benefits will be included after a 3-month probation period.
The successful candidate for Office Manager will follow these basic principles:
- To do what needs to be done to show our clients the most amazing experience.
- To perform the duties of this position in a Christ-honoring manner and enjoy working with people of all ages.
- To work in co-operation with the Executive Director, Summer Staff, Year-Round Staff and Board of Directors in fulfilling the Mission of Pearce Williams.
- Is accountable to the Executive Director.
- Shall periodically have a performance review completed with the Executive Director.
Specific Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Must make yourself familiar with all program information, to be able to answer all questions and concerns.
- Enter all registrants into computer database software (CampBrain);
- Process all Visa and MasterCard payments.
- Prepare camp information packages for emailing to parents prior to camp.
- Advertising PW events through various social media and legacy media types.
- Work with bookkeeper to keep registration payments organized and balanced.
- Must keep up to date and organize records of all rental groups and interested parties using CampBrain software.
- Save all contract and information to CampBrain software.
- Information packages shall be prepared before rental groups arrive.
- Be familiar with the rental rates, facilities and what PW has to offer.
- Communicate the expectations of rental groups when they are using our facilities.
- Ensure that a staff member is available to be the group contact for the time of their stay. This may include weekends and night hours.
- Answering phone calls and retrieving messages.
- Mange main email account for Pearce Williams
- Regular mail and email communication to our camp community to let them know of events and fundraisers.
- Help track donations and receipts with donation software.
- Keeping office supplies stocked and keeping the office organized.
- Keep office area clean and presentable for clients and staff.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Valuable skills for this position would include:
- ability and willingness to learn new computer programs
- excellent computer skills including Google Suite, Microsoft Office and general use.
- strong interpersonal skills
- organizational skills,
- effective time management
- ability to work with little supervision.
- ability to sell camp experience to parents, rental groups and donors is also a must.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary range is $30,000 to $33,000 per year + Pension & Benefits. This is based on 25 paid hours per week (unpaid lunch). Hours are 9am to 3pm Monday to Friday.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Pearce Williams offers a competitive base salary as well as a pension and benefits package after a 3 month probationary period.
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
Joe Richards, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm, December 1, 2023.
We thank you very much for your interest. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.