POSITION: OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR
REPORTING TO: PROGRAM DIRECTOR
JOB TYPE: FIXED TERM CONTRACT, NON – BARGAINING (SEASONAL)
POSTED DATE: FEBRUARY 10, 2022
APPLICATION DEADLINE: UNTIL FILLED
EXPECTED START DATE: JUNE 13TH, 2022
CONTRACT END DATE: AUGUST 22ND, 2022
Camp Towhee/Towhee Summer Therapeutic Program treats youth with Mental Health issues complicated by
Learning Disabilities. Located in Haliburton, Ontario, Towhee positively changes the trajectory of kids and staffs
lives. This will be one of the most rewarding, magical and hardest places you will ever work. We provide 10 days
of training covering behaviour management, counselling skills, CPI, mental health and learning disabilities.
If you are interested in a career in the social services, psychology or teaching and/or want to play a pivotal role
in supporting children and youth in feeling safe enough to be their genuine amazing selves – Towhee is the
place for you to get real experience, skill building, and be part of that change. Towhee is operated by the LDMH
(Learning Disabilities and Mental Health) Stream of CDI, a year-round children’s Mental Health Centre in Toronto.
CDI is seeking an Office Administrator, to join our dynamic Camp Towhee team. The successful candidate
should be a relationship builder and team player, with a passion for understanding and supporting
children/youth and a willingness to learn about the impacts of mental health and learning disabilities. The
candidate should also have experience in administration, specifically in regards to answering phone calls and
emails, organizing documents, and supporting the operation of a daily schedule.
Under the direction of the Program Director, the Office Administrator will be responsible for overseeing the
efficient running of the camp office. This role also has many opportunities to get involved with campers, during
the day and in the evenings, which will sometimes be requires depending on camp needs and the office
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Providing administrative support services (typing, answering phones, emailing, ordering supplies,
driving to and from town, etc.)
2. Coordinating transportation and ordering busses for trips and training events
3. Greeting and directing visitors and volunteers
4. Assisting with book-keeping and maintaining a clear accounting system
5. Assisting the directors and other supervisors and staff in managing day to day camp operations
6. Scheduling of staff coverage
7. Assistance with photography and social media
8. Preparation and maintenance of camper records and databases (CampBrain, CYSIS, etc)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
▪ Two (2) or more years in a post-secondary degree or equivalent experience
▪ Experience working Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
▪ Personal, professional, or educational experiences in administrative duties
▪ Previous professional experience working at Towhee or a related program within a camp environment, strongly preferred
▪ Experience working with children and/or youth, preferably our population
▪ Ability to assume responsibility and exercise good judgment in making decisions within the scope of authority of the position
▪ Must have a current and valid police record check with vulnerable sector screening
▪ Bronze Cross swimming qualifications or higher, strongly preferred
▪ Standard First Aid with CPR C
▪ Demonstrated ability to work in a respectful and aware manner with groups from diverse background and experiences.
▪ G-Drivers License with clear abstract strongly preferred.
▪ Governed by concurrent and dynamic deadlines, despite conflicting priorities and frequent interruptions.
▪ Fast-paced work environment.
▪ Interacts with campers, staff, and visitors on a daily basis
▪ Regular to frequent physical requirements, and as needed, to bend, stoop, stretch, squat, push and pulling, and sit and walk, in addition to occasionally climbing stairs.
▪ Noise level can be moderate to loud.
COMPENSATION: Towhee offers competitive camp salaries, which include room/board, and are subject to
applicant qualifications and previous experience
Please complete the Online Application located at (https://www.childdevelop.ca/towhee/staff/staff-application/)
AND submit your chronological resume via e-mail to:
Child Development Institute
E-mail: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you in advance for your interest. However, due to the volume of resumes received, only those candidates selected for
interviews will be contacted.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
Child Development Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value inclusivity & diversity in the workplace. We
actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including, but not
▪ First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, and all other Indigenous peoples;
▪ members of groups that commonly experience discrimination due to race, ancestry, colour, religion and/or spiritual
beliefs, or place of origin;
▪ persons with visible and/or invisible (physical and/or mental) disabilities; and
▪ persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions.
We recognize that many of these identities intersect and that therefore, equity, diversity and inclusion can be complex. We
value the contributions that each person brings, and are committed to ensuring full and equal participation for all in our
Child Development Institute is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. In accordance with the
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Child
Development Institute will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment & selection process to applicants with
disabilities. During any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources of the nature of any
accommodation(s) you may require. Any information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed
All applicants are advised that offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a Vulnerable Sector
Note: All CDI employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with CDI Mandatory