|Live, Work, and Play with Children in Addington Highlands This Summer! Camp Gesher – a co-ed children’s overnight summer camp located in eastern Ontario not far from Bon Echo Park. (1 hour from Belleville)
Our medical team consists of a Head Nurse and an Assistant Nurse (Student). Nurses work (and play) together to keep our community healthy, so campers can learn and grow in our beautiful wilderness setting. Camp nursing is health-oriented, not illness-oriented. This is an ideal post for RNs who would like to bring their children to summer camp, or not!
Registered Nurses for either one of our month-long sessions (June 26th-July 26th or July 26th-August 20) or the full summer (June 26th-August 18th).
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: $1000-$1300 per week
Responsibilities and Duties
- Review all health forms of campers and staff and become familiar with all conditions that might require special attention.
- Order and keep inventory of all medical supplies.
- Dispense daily medications.
- Ensure that proper health and safety regulations are followed.
- Offer clinic hours for the assessment of acute medical conditions and associated record-keeping.
- Liaise with both camp staff, and families regarding health care matters.
- Manage first aid kit maintenance and preparing medications (camp activities and overnight canoe trips)
- Assistance with daily first aid and medical emergencies as required.
- Taking care of any health concerns that arise at any specialty activity.
Qualifications and Skills
- Registered Nurse
- Current CPR and First Aid (HCP and AED) certifications
- Desire to work and live in a camp community
- All insurance coverage [professional], member in good standing with governing bodies, and all regulatory compliance up to date
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in pediatrics is desirable.
- Experience with children and adolescents an asset
- Ability to work independently.
Responsible to: Camp Director
Job Type: Seasonal Contract