Night Security Person
Your Role as Night security
The night security person plays an important role in the protection and safety of campers at Camp Tamakwa. This unique job involves monitoring camp overnight and ensuring the safety of all campers. While on shift, they will keep detailed records of any incidents involving campers throughout the night. The night security person will make note of which campers that are out of cabins, in a cabin of the opposite sex or are not following any additional camp rules.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure the safety of campers
- Complete routine safety checks of property
- Enforce the camp rules and using a strong sense of judgement accordingly
- Document detailed reports of incidents that may occur
- Complete property maintenance checks and janitorial duties
- Strong sense of responsibility and self sufficiency
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate and work with youth
- Ability to observe camper behaviour, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity, honesty and professionalism
- Willing to work night shifts
Why work at camp?
Founded in 1936, Camp Tamakwa is a coed children’s overnight summer camp located in beautiful Algonquin Provincial Park. We offer a diverse in-camp program with over 20 activities as well as a canoe tripping program.
Working at Camp Tamakwa is a uniquely rewarding experience. It combines the joy of working with children, the beauty of the Algonquin outdoors, and the chance to connect with people from around the world. Our staff are responsible, creative, outgoing, flexible, and fun-loving young adults who eagerly disconnect from technology to engage with our campers in our welcoming camp family environment. All of our staff are provided free room + board, meals and access to plenty of fun camp activities. As a staff member at Tamakwa, you’ll work hard – and have the time of your life.
To apply, please visit https://tamakwa.com/work-at-summer-camp/ and fill out an application today!