Nature Camp Leader
Humber Arboretum Nature Camp Leader
Nature Camp Leader
June 27, 2024 to August 30, 2024
Humber Arboretum – Humber North Campus
# of Positions:
Starting at $17.14/hour for up to 40 hours/week (8:00am – 4:30pm)
February 29, 2024
Nature camp is an amazing place to be! There are always places to explore and wonders to discover. Camp Leaders help and guide campers in their nature connection journey. Leaders will be assigned a specific group of campers each week or will be assigned as a floater. Leaders will be involved in all aspects of camp activities, including prep, cleanup, facilitating, and supervising. There may be additional tasks or duties assigned throughout the camp week. Leaders provide first aid for campers and report any injuries or incidents to parents. You will also have the opportunity to meet people your own age and learn about nature all summer long.
- Have an enthusiasm for the natural world and be comfortable in working outdoors for extended periods of time
- Be enthusiastic/interested in working with children ages 5-12; previous (camp) experience an asset.
- Be able to think on the go; improvise, plan, and handle both planned and unplanned events and reactions; enter into positive interactions and use positive approaches to situations and campers
- Be able to take direction and efficiently and effectively complete duties, responsibilities and additional assigned tasks
- Able to calmly, professionally, and empathetically conduct oneself in difficult situations with campers, parents, and/or coworkers
- Be punctual and reliable
- Be comfortable around water
- Have a clear criminal record check provided before camp begins
- Have a current certificate in Standard First Aid and CPR Level C before the start of camp
- Must be Canada Summer Jobs-eligible students (age 16 – 30 at time of hiring) or Humber College/University of Guelph-Humber Work-Study Eligible
- Be fully available for June training sessions (June 27-July 5)
- Be able to commit to 35-40 hrs/week, Monday-Friday during the months of July and August
E-mail to apply:
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must send a resume and cover letter attached to their e-mail submission. Quote the position title in the email subject line, please.
For Humber College/University of Guelph-Humber students, a Work Study Approval form also needs to be attached to your application.
All positions are contingent on the condition that a clear Criminal Police Record Check and Standard First Aid (w/CPR C) certificate are provided to the Humber Arboretum before your start date.