Mountain Biking Instructor
Location: YMCA Camp Elphinstone, 1760 YMCA Road, Gibsons, BC V0N 1V6
Rate of Pay: $125.06-$128.06/day
Position Status: Seasonal Contract, Full time
Term: June 24th to August 25th, 2023
Reports To: Program Director, Summer Camp Director
Nature & Scope
YMCA Camp Elphinstone is seeking individuals to fill the role of Mountain Biking Instructor.
The Mountain Biking Instructor is responsible for instructing camper-focused, beginner mountain biking lessons on our trail network at Camp Elphinstone. Specific duties include maintaining the fleet of mountain bikes and reporting significant repairs to the Program Director, maintaining our trails and being prepared to include campers in this process, instructing intentional mountain biking lessons to children, most of whom will be new to mountain biking.
The Mountain Biking Instructor is a member of the program staff team at camp. The program staff team will be responsible for instructing camp activities and supporting other staff in delivering programs. They will also have other daily responsibilities such as helping with supervision of campers, evening cabin support, facilitating early morning and evening programs, program logistics, and care/maintenance of camp program equipment.
· Facilitating experiential and camper-focused mountain biking lessons with children ages 11-17.
· Regularly inspect, maintain, and inventory all mountain biking equipment. Report issues to the Program Director. Maintain the onsite trail system in conjunction with the program and maintenance team.
· Assist with ordering mountain biking supplies prior to the summer and on an ongoing basis throughout the summer.
· Work with the other members of the program staff team to accomplish shared responsibilities.
· Standard First Aid & CPR-C
· Bronze Cross
· PMBIA Level 1 (or equivalent)
· Experienced mountain biker, experience in trail building/maintenance and working with youth.
· Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening issued no later than six (6) months preceding start date
· 3 successful reference checks
Additional Qualifications (assets)
· PMBIA Level 2 (or equivalent)
· Wilderness First Aid