Marketing & Events Associate – Maternity Leave Contract Position
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Marketing & Events Associate will plan, produce, and oversee the execution of marketing related activities including communications, social media content, website, and collateral materials. They will assist with the coordination of conferences, meetings, and other events. The successful candidate will have a background in brand management, content creation, social media, and an ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders. The work is exciting, challenging, and rewarding, offering the opportunity to have influence in the field of camp in Ontario. This contract will be for 12-15 months (dependent on start date).
- Continue to build on the communications plan and annual roadmaps, develop messaging, digital marketing strategies, and KPIs across all channels, for both internal and external content while working with management and/or committees
- Brand manager – ensure all OCA communications are in line with brand guidelines, OCA Standards and policies, and review items as required
- Responsible for maintaining consistency across platforms, mindful of the channels of communication across the organization
- Prepare and edit our weekly newsletter (member internal)
- Content creation for our social media channels; Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Website maintenance (copy creation and maintenance)
- Maintain email database
- Provide communications and media support for marketing and advocacy initiatives as required
- Contribute to the strategic direction and support on member relations and the industry
- Support with coordination of the Annual Conference and logistics
- Event logistics and support for member meetings, and/or other events
- Creating presentation materials, slides, videos etc.,
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters
- Represent OCA at and events as required
What we are looking for:
- An ability to collaborate with camps, vendors, volunteers, and staff from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and to develop new and innovative design
- Knowledge of the camp industry is an asset
- A high degree of organization, attention to detail, and able to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- A commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the business of camp
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a relevant marketing field with proven experience in communications and project/event management and execution
- A demonstrated writer, proof-reader, and editor with proven creative, innovative, and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently while maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues, management, volunteers, and the public
- Experience in database management and administration; tech-savvy and experienced with technology tools for communication and productivity
- Proficient in the following:
- MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop and InDesign
- Proven experience in writing communications plans, media releases, articles, and reports
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
What OCA Has To Offer
- Paid vacation and sick days, half-day Fridays in the summer.
- A flexible hybrid office model – there is a requirement to work from the office 2-3 days/week.
- Staff lunches and team bonding activities.
- Value of work-life balance; ensuring all team members are supported with their mental health.
- OCA is deeply committed to ensuring our organization reflects the diversity of our members which includes diversity of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, disability, and all other protected grounds under the Canadian Human Rights Act. If you require accommodation at any stage during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
- This is a full-time contract position for 12-15 months dependant on date of hire with a salary ranging between $45,000 to $53,000 annually (to commensurate with skills and experience).
- Please submit yourrésumé to Joy Levy, OCA Executive Director email@example.com no later than March 6, 2023. We encourage early submissions as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
About The Ontario Camps Association
- Since 1933, the Ontario Camps Association (OCA) has played an important leadership role in promoting and encouraging children and youth camping in Ontario. Please visit https://www.ontariocampsassociation.ca/ to learn more about the OCA.