Marketing and Communications Coordinator
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator is responsible for collecting and developing content for distribution to stakeholder groups of the Cairn Family of Camps. They will provide regular updates and insights into camp life through a variety of channels including social media, website, blog, email, and print materials, as well as develop content for year-round use. They will work with campers, other staff, and the Directing Team to make a positive impact and create meaningful connections, ensuring that camp is a safe inclusive environment that encourages self-esteem, stewardship, and servanthood
- All-Staff Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate strong support and commitment to the mission and core values of the Cairn Family of Camps.
- Demonstrate strong support and commitment to serving the campers, staff, families, and all program participants of the Cairn Family of Camps.
- Practice and support the health and safety of all campers, staff, families, and all program participants of the Cairn Family of Camps.
- Complete a year-end report, including a season review, and offering suggestions for future camp seasons.
- Complete additional duties as required.
- Marketing and Communications:
- Ensure that all content developed and distributed is reflective of the mission, vision, values, and brand of the Cairn Family of Camps.
- Maintain regular and consistent communication with stakeholder groups through a variety of media including but not limited to social media sites, Cairn website, email, and print material.
- Simultaneously manage a variety of projects and tasks, as assigned by the Camp Director.
- Critically review current marketing and communications strategies, and propose solutions to effectively reach target audiences, in conjunction with the Camp Director.
- Complete administrative duties including but not limited to answering the phone and email communication.
- Review and answer all comments and inquiries made through social media platforms.
- Oversee the collection, sorting, and storing of photos and videos, ensuring participant permission/parental approvals of all subjects.
- Create promotional videos for a variety of target audiences.
- Develop content for use from October through April, including social media posts, print materials, and specialty campaigns.
- Manage all promotional materials and media equipment, ensuring its appropriate use and safe storage both during the summer and at the end of the season.
JOB KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience as a camp staff member, or equivalent experience working with children and youth.
- Experience with marketing, communications, business theory, video creation, photography, and/or social media management are assets.
- Personal skills: self-starter, strong communicator, professional, creativity, organization, growth mindset
- Standard First Aid/CPR-C
- G Driver’s license an asset
- Clear Police Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Mandated training (including AODA, Workplace Violence & Harassment, Health & Safety Awareness, Child Protection, etc.) is required before or shortly after commencement of work
- The successful applicant is required to live onsite through the duration of their contract.
Due to the constantly evolving nature of policies, procedures, and recommendations surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, the Cairn Family of Camps recognizes that elements of the summer 2022 schedule and programs, and – consequently – job responsibilities may be required to adapt. Until staff are hired, any updates to this document will be available on the Cairn website at https://ilovecamp.org. Once staff are hired, communication will take place directly via phone or email.
Please submit your application, including any supplementary documents, at http://cairn.campbrainstaff.com. Should you have any questions, please contact Robynne Howard, Camp Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Cairn Family of Camps supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. The Cairn Family of Camps is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. Individuals needing employment accommodation in the hiring process or job postings in an alternative format may contact the camp office.