Manager, Camps and Programs
Employment Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Mulmur, Ontario (Mansfield, ON)
Are you passionate about creating and providing high-quality experiences for youth outdoors? Mansfield
Outdoor Centre is located in Mulmur, ON between the villages of Mansfield and Creemore, close to
Shelburne and Alliston. The Mansfield Outdoor Center is a year-round facility offering programming to
youth on its 300-acre property, adjoining both the Dufferin County and Simcoe County Forrest’s.
Programs are offered to schools for Outdoor Education 10 months of the year and both overnight and
day Summer Camps. Operating since 1984, Mansfield Outdoor Centre prides itself in delivering unique,
quality activities that are fun and challenging for youth to experience the great outdoors.
Mansfield Outdoor Centre is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to lead and continue the
development of our programs and camps.
• Develop long and short-term plans for the programs and camps to meet the identified needs of
the participants and the overall organizational objectives and departmental/program plans.
• Recruit and hire staff to meet the needs of programs and camps.
• Trains, coaches, and monitors staff performance to support staff in meeting performance
expectations and ensure organizational objectives are met.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with relevant industry associations and
• Create and enforce policies and procedures that govern the operation of program and camp
• Monitor the ongoing operation and prioritize and measure the effectiveness of programs and
initiatives with user groups.
• Assist with preparing operation budgets and monitor the program budgets in consultation with
the Facility Manager.
• Develop and implement annual promotions and publicity campaign in consultation with the
• Ensures the overall maintenance of the facility in consultation with the Facility Manager,
including daily cleaning of facilities and long-range preventive maintenance.
• Schedule staff and verify/approve payroll on a weekly basis.
• Monitor and maintain programming and camp inventory/supplies.
• Lead the daily operations of the programming and camps, teaching groups and sessions as
• Completion Ontario Teaching Certificate with a degree in Physical Education, Social Work,
Recreation or Outdoor Education, with minimum three years directly related experience.
• Advanced knowledge of the concepts and theories relating to the operation of a residential
camp with physical, wilderness, and leadership activities.
• Strong experience working with youth. Previous experience in a camp and/or outdoor education
program is an asset.
• Knowledge of basic building/property maintenance, budgeting, and hiring process experience is
• Demonstrated experience in program development and program evaluation required.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
• Working knowledge of current computer applications is necessary, e.g., Microsoft Office,
Teams/Zoom, E-mail, and the Internet.
• Additional knowledge of computer applications that are an asset; CampBrain, HikeUp POS,
• Comfortable speaking in front of large groups, children, and parents.
• Clear written communications.
• Valid Standard First Aid & CPR-C.
• A current Ontario G or G2 class driver’s license, and eligible to be insured under MOC policy if
over the age of 25.
• Current police reference check and vulnerable sector screening.
The successful candidate is required to meet the needs of the business as required, sometimes working
weekends, evenings, and holidays. Candidate must have reliable transportation. Hours of work are
irregular during the summer months.