Tim Hortons Foundation Camps help youth from underserved communities achieve their full potential through multi-year, overnight camp experiences. Whether at camp or back home in their communities between visits—our youth work to build social, emotional, leadership and innovation skills and behaviours like volunteerism and motivation to learn so they become civically and academically engaged, and successfully transition to adulthood.
At Tims Camps, we are catalysts for good – helping our youth participants and teammates be the best they can be, developing personal and career growth. We empower young people with skills to open doors to their future. That is our North Star and, together, we help shape leaders that build stronger communities.
We’re looking for a…
The Maintenance Specialist is responsible for performing preventative maintenance and repairs on buildings, equipment and vehicles.
This role will be based onsite at our Tim Horton Memorial Camp location in Parry Sound, ON.
January 2, 2024 – October 31, 2024
$19.95 – $21.70 per hour based on experience.
What would you be doing?
- Maintain grounds, facilities and equipment ensuring they are ready for use
- Safely operate equipment such as power mowers, chain saws, tractors, snow blowers, electric clippers, sod cutters, pruning saws and other equipment as instructed
- Perform routine maintenance on facilities, equipment and machinery as directed
- Support construction or renovation projects as directed
- Ensure health and safety standards are followed at all times, including safe operation of equipment and proper handling of chemicals
- Identify, address and/or report hazards to the Property Manager
- Conduct water testing on property as per Foundation standards
- Report on the status of projects and repairs
- Contribute to department goals and cross functional support as required
- Find opportunities to positively interact with our campers and guests
- Contribute to a supportive and positive work environment by modelling inclusivity, dependability and team cohesiveness
Does this sound like you?
- 3+ years of experience in property, facility, or equipment maintenance
- Ability to exercise good judgement and professionalism when interacting with schools, guests and visitors
- Ability to operate power mowers, chain saws, and other equipment and tools
- Physical stamina and mobility to reach, kneel and bend
- Able to lift, push and pull up to 40 lbs.
- Specialized training as a carpenter, electrician, plumber, landscaper, small engine or auto mechanic or other applicable trades is considered an asset
- Water testing certification, or ability to achieve
- Ability to provide acceptable criminal background check Valid driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract
- Ability to be insured on the Foundation’s auto insurance policy
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
Benefits of working with us
- Uniform and footwear allowance provided by the camp
- Shared accommodations available at most camp locations
- Coffee, tea, and meals provided while working
- Role specific training provided if needed
Please apply here: https://grnh.se/b9b4dfae2us
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps (THFC) is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment, and seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases.
If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.