Our mission at Kandalore is to foster personal growth and an appreciation for the natural environment while having as much fun as possible. We only require that you be motivated, willing to learn, and able to stay positive while working hard. Within the maintenance department, we provide our staff with the opportunity to learn new skills including woodworking, painting, small engine repair, and trail maintenance. The job is physically demanding as our property has over 1km of waterfront and our trail system is extensive. Any given day may include a lot of lifting, standing, digging, walking, and operating small engine equipment.
Camp Kandalore is looking for a hard-working, positive and reliable person to be part of our Maintenance/groundskeeping crew this summer. The position begins on or before July 12th and ends approximately September 8th.
The general duties include:
- Groundskeeping and garbage collection
- General upkeep of the camp facilities
- Small carpentry projects
- Engine Maintenance
- Window and door repair
- Cleaning of camp common areas including washrooms and shower facilities
- Must enjoy working outside and being part of a fun loving community
- Willing to work six days a week, afternoons, and weekends
- Able to lift 25lbs continuously and work in a physically demanding environment
- Able to work as a positive member of a team as well as independently
Camp Kandalore is located 12 minutes North of Carnarvon off of Highway 35. We are a co-ed residential summer camp for campers aged 6-16 and we offer an exemplary camp program providing epic canoe expeditions as well as wake boarding, rock climbing, mountain biking, pottery, kayaking, and many other fun and exciting activities.
The wage for this position will be $18.50 to $20.00 an hour dependent on experience and qualifications.
Please send a resume and cover letter to our Site Manager, Andrew Graham (email@example.com). Or, submit an application through our staff portal, here.