Maintenance/Facilities Manager – Join Us for Summer 2024!
Northwaters & Langskib is excited to welcome a committed Maintenance/Facilities Manager to our Lake Temagami island basecamps this upcoming summer. This full-time seasonal role, running from June to August/September, centers on maintaining and repairing our grounds and facilities.
We’re seeking a mature, self-driven individual with a strong work ethic. The ideal candidate adeptly manages diverse work crews and seamlessly integrates into our community environment.
- Small engine maintenance and repair experience
- Basic carpentry, plumbing, and electrical skills
- Proficiency in mechanical tasks and chainsaw operation
- Possession of a clean driver’s license
- Physical fitness for navigating rugged terrain
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to perform scheduled maintenance checks
- Efficient inventory and supply management
- Capability to work autonomously and oversee unskilled labor
- Professional collaboration with vendors and suppliers
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card and motorboat handling proficiency
Additional Valued Skills (Not Mandatory):
- Advanced carpentry and boat building expertise
- Enhanced mechanical proficiency
- Previous experience in remote facilities management
- Certification as a trained water system operator
- F Class Driver’s license
- Small Vessel Operator Proficiency (SVOP) Certification
- Preferred start date: June 1, 2024
- Contract duration: June 1 – August 20, 2024 (potential extension through September 30)
- Flexibility for time off during non-peak operations in the summer, balanced with extended shifts
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Inclusive of room and board
- Enjoy private yet rustic accommodations
- Immerse yourself in a breathtaking outdoor environment, becoming an integral part of our dynamic, enthusiastic community
- Explore potential long-term career opportunities, as our maintenance/facilities managers often continue with us for multiple summers
We operate as a wilderness canoe-tripping camp across two island basecamps on Lake Temagami, Northern Ontario. Our programs cater separately to boys, girls, and all-gender youth, nurturing self-confidence and empowerment during their formative years. By emphasizing learning from nature and fostering mutual respect, we equip participants with essential life skills gained from trail experiences. Our deliberate commitment to high-quality programming has cultivated a robust, vibrant community involving staff, participants, and parents.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Northwaters and Langskib encourages applications from women and minorities. To apply, kindly send your letter of intent and CV outlining your relevant experience to Jen Zahorchak at firstname.lastname@example.org.