Pearce Williams Summer Camp is looking for a Maintenance Assistant to help run our camp maintenance for from May 1 to September 1. The Maintenance Assistant responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, landscaping, minor maintenance repair, hiking trail upkeep, general cleaning and ensuring that the camp health and safety guidelines are followed.
Responsible to: Executive Director, Maintenance Team Leader
The Maintenance Assistant will provide a current criminal reference check and have relevant experience. Emergency or Standard First aid is required with at least CPR C.
The job description for all staff at Pearce Williams Summer Camp is to do what needs to be done to ensure that our summer campers have the most amazing summer camp experience.
Camp will ask you to commit to the following dates. All training is paid.
- Weekly (Sun – Mon) maintenance work May 1 – September 1, 2023
- A training day & site orientation on Saturday, May 6, 2023
- A training weekend – Friday, May 26 at 7pm to Sunday, May 28 at 5pm
- A training week – Sunday, July 9 at 7pm to Friday, July 14 at 5pm
- We then run 6 weeks of camp from July 16, 2023 to August 25, 2023.
- You would live on site while you work at camp – from Sunday nights to Friday nights – and during all training.
We currently have one (1) opening for this position.
Please visit our website to find out more information about Pearce Williams and to apply – www.campisbetter.com/join-staff
All are welcome to apply. Pearce Williams prioritizes students (coming from and going to a secondary or post-secondary school) for this position. Compensation varies depending on experience. The position includes room & board during camp sessions.
Location: Pearce Williams Summer Camp & Retreat Facility, Iona, Ontario (30 minutes southwest of London).