Camp Mansfield – July & August
2024 is our 31st year of welcoming campers!
Camp Mansfield is located at the Mansfield Outdoor Centre in the stunning hills of Mulmur Township near Alliston Ontario. We have 300 acres of forests and fields with the pristine Pine River meandering across our property. Camp Mansfield offers Day Camp and Overnight Camp experiences for up to 135 campers from 5 to 14 years old. Our in-ground swimming pool provides a great place to cool off on hot summer days. 2024 is our 31st year of welcoming campers!
Lifeguards play an important role in ensuring campers have a positive camp experience. Swim time at camp is always a highlight for campers and staff alike. You will be responsible for the safety of camp participants while they are using our inground pool, role modeling and enforcing all safety policies and procedures while participants are in the pool area. You will also be delivering the Livesaving Society’s “Swim for Life” lesson program. As part of the Aquatics team, you will also keep up-to-date records of chlorine levels and manage any hazards in and around the pool area. Every day will bring new rewards and challenges.
Lifeguards are not assigned a specific group of campers; however, you will be asked to teach swim lessons, clean and maintain the pool and help out around camp as needed.
What will you be doing?
- Working as part of a team with other staff members.
- As a Lifeguard/swim instructor, you will work Monday through Friday
- You will be responsible for the safety of all participants when they are in and around the pool area.
- You will be responsible to deliver the Lifesaving Society’s “Swim for life” lessons to select campers.
- You may be called upon to perform First Aid outside of your pool duties.
- Serving as a positive role model to other staff and campers by participating in and leading activities as assigned.
- You bring an ability and desire to work with youth.
- Helping to create a fun, inclusive program with safety as the primary focus for all camp participants.
- You will be accountable to the Camp Manager, Assistant Managers, or designated Supervisors.
- Be proactive in preventing bullying and respond appropriately to any incidents among staff and campers.
- Complete incident reports as required.
- Maintain a professional image by always wearing your uniform while at camp.
- Complete assigned clean up duties at the end of each camp day.
- Follow the policies and procedures as outlined in the staff handbook.
- Other duties as required.
Other things to keep in mind:
- Attendance and participation in pre-camp training is mandatory. Pre-camp runs June 24-28, 2024
- Camp sessions run weekly from July 2 through August 23, 2024.
- Each week, you will receive a camp schedule based on training, interest, and camp program needs.
- Staffing levels may be adjusted each week to respond to the number of campers and other program needs.
What are we looking for?
- You are a Minimum of 18 years old as of the start of camp.
- A commitment to working all 8 camp sessions.
- You are a currently certified Lifesaving Society swim instructor.
- You hold a current Bronze Cross or NLS certification.
- You are willing work in relationship with minors.
- You are willing to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Background Check prior to the start of camp.
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
Salary: $800.00 per week
If this sounds like something you are interested in, submit your resume and cover letter to Fred Tustin, Camp Manager via email: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday February 23rd, 2024.
We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.