Lifeguard, CNIB Lake Joe
CNIB Lake Joe
Lifeguard (4 positions)
Summer (July 5 to August 27) and possibility of extension into fall (September 24)
CNIB Lake Joseph Centre (MacTier, ON)
CNIB Lake Joe is a fully accessible lakefront facility located in Muskoka providing a unique blend of recreation, skills training, social interaction and personal discovery in a safe, inclusive environment. Two hours north of Toronto, Lake Joe stretches over 12.5 acres of waterfront property on the northwest corner of beautiful Lake Joseph. Staff and volunteers provide a wide range of high-quality programs to people of all ages who are living with sight loss.
The Lifeguard will hold guest experience and safety as the highest priority, while providing safe recreational opportunities for guests (children, youth, adults, seniors and families). The Lifeguard will support all spring and summer waterfront programming.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
The position entails, but is not limited to the following general responsibilities:
- Safely lifeguard for waterfront and boating programs
- Energetically support non-waterfront programming as assigned
- Assist guests by taking an active role in dining room duties, including serving meals
- Provide support, guidance and leadership to volunteers, guests and visitors
- Ensure guests safety by adhering to CNIB Lake Joseph Centre waterfront procedures, health & safety, Ontario Camp Association and Lifesaving and NLS standards
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Experience):
- Strong interpersonal skills, including patience, empathy and communication
- Experience in camp or other recreation programs
- Current (within 6 months of start date) Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR “C”
- Current NLS certification required
- Current Waterfront NLS an asset
- PCO (Pleasure Craft Operator) card, or willingness to obtain
- Ability to work flexible hours in a changing and busy environment
- Must reside at CNIB Lake Joe during operational season and be willing to share accommodations with another staff member
How to Apply:
Apply online at: https://apply.workable.com/cnibfoundation/j/F2A399D8CE/
Email questions to: email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications:
July 2, 2021
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please state in your cover letter what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.