Apply here: https://cavespringscamp.campbrainstaff.com/
Job Summary: We are looking for a Head Lifeguard and Lifeguards to manage and supervise the pool and pool activities. They ensure the pool is maintained and all regulations are followed. They work together to ensure safe swimming at all times. When not lifeguarding they assist with planning and leading camp program activities.
Terms: Full-time 9 weeks: July 1 to September 1, 2023. Salary Range: $5000 – $5760 (depending on grants).
- Assess and maintain the safety of all people in and around the pool or swimming area.
- Remain alert and use all senses while guarding.
- Perform first aid and emergency care treatment when required.
- Work as a team with other lifeguards and camp staff.
- Handle discipline situations with respect and courtesy.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the pool area, equipment, and first aid inventory.
- Complete all necessary checklists and reports.
- Conduct daily testing of the swimming water; record results and report any concerns to the Camp Director.
- Communicate and enforce all Cave Springs swimming and pool regulations, policies and procedures are followed.
- Evaluate conditions for safety and initiates aquatics emergency action plan as required.
- Be prepared to execute emergency procedures.
- Assist with daily cleaning tasks in the pool area.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings.
- Assist program team with designing and preparing camp activities.
- Provide leadership, support, and assistance with camp activities.
- Provide camper support, assistance and leadership.
- Fill in for counselling and program staff as needed and assigned.
- Carefully manage, maintain, and care for camp spaces and equipment.
- Contribute to a safe, healthy, and inclusive environment for all campers and staff.
- Act as a positive role-model for staff, campers, volunteers, and others associated with the camping program.
- Communicate effectively with all staff members.
- Demonstrate effective teamwork, positivity, professionalism, and inclusivity.
- Set personal goals and engage in ongoing self reflection and growth.
- Act as a role-model for personal self-care, including health and well-being.
- Attend and fully participate in all camp training sessions and events.
- Work effectively with year-round and seasonal Cave Springs staff.
- Model and uphold all community norms and expectations.
- Support and follow all policies, procedures, and practices of Cave Springs Camp.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.