Sparrow Lake Camp – Lifeguard
The most fun you can have while making the biggest difference in the lives of kids!
Since 1912, Sparrow Lake Camp has been a not-for-profit traditional overnight summer camp located just north of Orillia on beautiful Sparrow Lake. Sparrow Lake is an inclusive community aimed at providing quality camp experiences for children and youth regardless of religion, gender, culture, ability, or economic status.
Title: Lifeguard/Waterfront Staff
Location: Sparrow Lake, Severn, Ontario – Between Orillia & Gravenhurst, Ontario
Dates of Employment: June 25 – August 25, 2023
- Must be at least 16 years of age by the start of the camp season
- Current NLS, equivalent, or above
- Those with swim instruction certification and teaching experience receive a salary bonus
- Must submit a Police Reference Check (if 18+)
- Organizing and setting-up of the swim area
- Keeping the swim area clean and free of hazards
- Guarding swim periods
- Monitoring access to/from the swim area
- Leading or participating in emergency drills and searches
- Facilitating fun, engaging, experiential programs that meet the needs of all camper age groups.
- Fulfilling all general Resource Staff duties including participating in staff meetings.
- Acting as a “cabin mascot” for camper cabin groups.
- Meets additional staff expectations, as assigned.
We encourage and invite applications from all qualified applicants regardless of religious affiliation, gender identity, race, disability, sexuality, or economic status.
Our program does not offer religious instruction or study, however, we expect all staff and campers to participate in building an inclusive community in which all people feel welcome without expectation to change who they are.
Apply online on our Website Today