Leadership Trainer – Greenway
The YMCA of Northeastern Ontario is a dynamic charity dedicated to strengthening the foundations of communities by offering opportunities for personal growth, community involvement and leadership. We have been offering programs and services to the North Bay community since 1958 and to the Greater Sudbury community since 1936! To learn more about our programs and services offered, please visit our website.
We are currently looking for a Greenway Trainer to join our team of committed professionals. This full-time contract position within the Association is housed at the YMCA of Northeastern Ontario’s YMCA John Island Camp location in Spanish, Ontario. Under the leadership of the Leadership & Outtripping Manager, the Greenway Trainer is responsible for the facilitation of the first-year Leadership Development Program. They oversee the planning, implementation, debriefing and evaluations of the program.
Start Date: June 27, 2022
Location: Spanish, Ontario
Hours: Summer Contract
Summary of Qualifications
- Possession of an Ontario Secondary School Diploma
- Experience working with campers aged 14-16
- Experience leading 3-7 day backcountry wilderness trips in a variety of skill sets (canoe, sea kayak, trekking)
- 20 days experience leading 1-7 day wilderness camping trips (Logged)
- Wilderness First Responder (WFR) Certification (or willing to obtain)
- ORCKA Canoe Tripping and Moving Water Certification (or willing to obtain)
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR-C
- Bilingualism considered an asset
- National Lifeguard Certification
- Current and satisfactory Police Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Search
- Plan, organize and implement the Greenway program
- Support Greenway participants and focus on their technical skills such as wilderness travel, risk management, and other program areas of camp
- Support Greenway participants in developing skills in camp program areas
- Teach Greenway participants wilderness tripping skills
- Build relationships with and be a positive role model for all campers and other staff members
- Assist in other areas of camp as required
Please ensure that your cover letter and resume both specify the job title of the position that you are applying for.
The YMCA of Northeastern Ontario is an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment. All of our employees and job applicants will be promoted or employed solely on the basis of their abilities and qualifications.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that successful candidates will be required to submit a current and satisfactory Police Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Search for review prior to starting employment.
Submit resume and cover letter by the deadline date to: Finn Thomas, Camp Director, at email@example.com. Please include the Job Title in the subject line.