Leadership & Outtripping Manager
The YMCA of Northeastern Ontario is a dynamic charity dedicated to strengthening the foundations of communities by offering opportunities for personal growth, community involvement and leadership. We have been offering programs and services to the North Bay community since 1958 and to the Greater Sudbury Community since 1936! To learn more about our programs and services offered, please visit our website.
We are currently looking for a Leadership & Outtripping Manager to join our team of committed professionals. This full-time contract position within the Association is housed at the YMCA of Northeastern Ontario’s YMCA John Island Camp location in Spanish, Ontario. Under the leadership of the Camp Director and Assistant Camp Director of John Island Camp, the Leadership & Outtripping Manager is responsible for all aspects relating to the Leadership & Outtripping programs at John Island Camp. They are to oversee and facilitate the training of staff, pre-trip orientation for campers, food ordering and packing, equipment maintenance and repair, route planning, and OT program Logistics.
Start Date: June 20, 2022
Location: Spanish, Ontario
Compensation: $500 – $700 per Week
Hours: Summer Contract
Summary of Qualifications
- Possession of a University Degree/ College Diploma in related field considered an asset
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a senior role in a camp or outdoor centre setting
- Minimum four (4) years of experience working at summer camps or outdoor centres
- Experience with the logistics of extended Outtrips which includes equipment and food preperation and planning
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card (or willingness to obtain)
- Valid Ontario ‘G’ Class Driver’s License
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR-C
- Current Satisfactory Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- National Lifeguard Pool Certification (or willingness to obtain)
- Coordinate and oversee Outtrips including cabin outtrips, Explorer Canoe program, Leadership programs, and know the locations of all outtrips
- Schedule, train and support staff and volunteers
- Communicate with participants and parents as required
- Assist with logistical and administrative duties
- Oversee and support leadership staff
- Support leadership staff in pre-trip preparations which includes food purchasing/packing, equipment management, route planning and booking of sites/transportation
Please ensure that your cover letter and resume both specify the job title of the position that you are applying for.
The YMCA of Northeastern Ontario is an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment. All of our employees and job applicants will be promoted or employed solely on the basis of their abilities and qualifications.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that successful candidates will be required to submit a current and satisfactory Police Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Search for review prior to starting employment.
Submit resume and cover letter by the deadline to: Finn Thomas, Camp Director, at Finn.email@example.com. Please include the Job Title in the subject line.