Leadership Director (LIT Program)
Contract Dates: June 20th, 2022 – August 30th, 2022
The Leadership Program is our second year leadership program for campers ages 16-17. It is a rich learning experience that integrates leaders into the in-camp program and a five-day canoe trip, focusing on developing skills in leadership, counselling, activity instruction, teamwork and communication required for leaders of today! The Leadership Director works with a co-director to facilitate this program.
All Leaders-In-Training will also work on attaining:
Emergency First Aid and CPR-C
Bronze Medallion and/or Cross
ORCKA canoeing levels
Optional Recreation and Healthy Active Living Leadership, Grade 12 (PLF4M) OSSD Credit
- Oversee and support the overall health, safety and well-being of the Leaders-In-Training.
- Support Directors and Senior staff with operation of camp
- Assign appropriate activities, trip groups, swim classes, canoeing lessons and sections for each Leader
- Participate in 5-day canoe trip with Leadership Groups
- Professional communication with parents
- Support the planning and implementation of special events
- Instruction of core leadership principals
- Participate with Leaders at their activities and in their sections on a daily basis
- Provide ongoing evaluations and feedback
- Provide formal written evaluation to LITs at the end of each month with a clear indication of how the LIT performed
- Make it a priority to integrate the Leadership program into overall camp life as much as possible
- Facilitate the Recreation and Healthy Active Living Leadership, Grade 12 (PLF4M) course credit, including covering materials in the curriculum, providing rubrics, evaluations, and culminating projects and report cards
- Provide recommendations with regards to who should return as a staff member and provide recommendations to the Director at the end of the summer
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with youth;
- Bronze Cross certification or higher.