Leader In Training & Christian Education Coordinator
Lambton Centre is Looking for an enthusiastic and creative individual to be part of the senior leadership team. This position will lead chapel programming and Leaders-In-Training (LIT) programming.
This position offers the opportunity to develop your leadership and communication skills further and help others develop their leadership abilities. If you enjoy finding fun and creative ways to make faith relevant and inspiring for youth, then this summer opportunity may be for you!
This is a contract full-time, summer position. The position runs from May through August. The incumbent will be responsible for developing and implementing daily chapel programs and implementing staff bible studies. In addition, this individual will be responsible for providing leadership, guidance and encouragement to the LIT campers. Areas of responsibility include daily staff mentoring, creating themes for chapel and enhancing the music program. They will also guide and aid in implementing summer programming and the delivery of the Spring Outdoor Education Programs.
Due to the current pandemic, the responsibilities of this position may need to be flexible depending on public health requirements.
Overview of Key Position Responsibilities:
- To provide constructive, consistent and modelled leadership for summer camp staff.
- To create and implement themes for Chapel that will foster and inspire youth to continue on their faith exploration and the appreciation for the core values of Lambton Centre. Integrity, Respect, Responsibility, Inclusiveness, Caring, Openness.
- To model the mission, purpose and goals of Lambton Centre’s summer camp program.
- To be present and available to all camp staff and campers during the day.
- To lead sessions during Staff training relevant to Christian Education and working with LITs.
- To facilitate the Leaders in Training program.
- Leaders in Training (LITs) gain valuable leadership experience in preparation for various employment opportunities, including as future staff at Lambton Centre. This senior staff role supports participants in gaining a greater understanding of their leadership abilities, more vital camp-related skills, and the rewarding opportunity of supporting kids at camp.
The responsibilities of this position include developing sessions such as group dynamics, leadership styles, communication, behaviour management strategies, and more.
- To carry out the policies and directives set forth by the Board of Directors as well as the OCA and UCC Camping Association.
- Some post-secondary education is considered an asset
- Minimum two seasons of summer camp experience
- Teamwork skills are essential
- Demonstrated communication skills as well as the ability to speak publically
- Reliable, punctual, dependable and accountable
- Appreciation and passion for Summer Camp
- Knowledge of the life and work of the United Church of Canada
- Requires a Vulnerable Records Screening
- First Aid / CPR Certificate
- Musical skills are an asset
Detailed Job description available upon request.
Application with attached Resumes must be submitted by February 20, 2022